Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2002, 12:07 AM

Default audiomedia III problems list

hi! digi users

i'm angry against digi :mad [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]like philip anselmo in the songs 5 min alone or 5 min with audiomedia III) why???

1_latency 371 ms with all my software (thk mme drivers)

2_no asio driver

3_no support driver for win2k and xp

3_not full duplex under windows nt

4_ click and pop when i reboot or shutdown

5_ click and pop when i press play and stop with audio editor

6_ no multi client driver

7_ i must reboot when i want to use my sequencer(logic-direct i/o mode). very usefull when you want to edit sound in external editor.

it's like a christmass list no
[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

and i suppose it's the same things with digi 001? no!

no excuse digi

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2002, 10:21 AM

Default Re: audiomedia III problems list

Sorry for the disappointment.
It is wise to research devices before purchasing. Since the card works best in PT LE , go from there and work out towards the other goals.
The comments I'm reading are akin to buying a MAC and then complaing cause it wont run Windows.
The AM3 can be used in concert with any number of regular PC sound cards that may fewer issues with your software. I have very good luck with a Diamond Monster MX300 (Aureal 2 chipset) w/ AM3.

Hope it gets better.
Old 01-24-2002, 10:29 AM

Brent,

I have two questions for you (below), but first: thanks for responding to this ... let's say "difficult" post from a dissatisfied user.

I have gotten a great deal of good service from my AMIII, but unfortunately, I cannot say the same for my Macintosh. I have installed the AMIII in my PC and am evaluating different digital audio editing packages I might use.

My problem is that I cannot find a list of available drivers for the AMIII. I assume from this thread that ASIO drivers are not available for the AMIII, but I wonder whether there are any options at all besides the "WaveDriver17.zip" download available on this site (I would post the URL if only I could remember where I found it).

One of the packages I am considering supports three different driver types: ASIO, DirectSound (part of Direct X), and Windows Multimedia.

I have two questions:

1) Of these three types, which type is the WaveDriver17 driver?

2) Are there any drivers available besides WaveDriver17?

Many thanks,
Wes Carroll
Old 01-24-2002, 11:58 AM
Avid

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Wes Carroll:
1) Of these three types, which type is the WaveDriver17 driver?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-Our Wave Driver would classify under the "Windows Multimedia" category.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>2) Are there any drivers available besides WaveDriver17?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-There are few wave drivers available. However, wave driver 1.7 is the most up-to-date version for AMIII, Digi001 and SampleCell hardware (win98 SE and WinME compatible.

For all Wave Drivers, please visit:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/wavdrv.html

NOTE:
The Windows 2000 wave driver (v1.7.1) is only compatible with TDM hardware.

Brent

PS- I am not the author of the above response (Ultraslide)
Old 01-24-2002, 08:04 PM

Brent,

Thanks! When you say there are several Wave Drivers available, I guess you mean that there are versions of the driver available for several flavors of Windows, and that there are some older versions, too... but not that there are other types of drivers (e.g. ASIO) available.

Still, this is a big help. Thanks much!
Wes

PS yeah, I noticed that right as I clicked "Send" -- Doh! The dangers of trying to read four windows at once ;-)