Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 09-15-2021, 03:46 AM

Default Export OMF/AAF with markers to be opened in Adobe Premiere

Hello there!

I'll be recording a podcast (2 people, 2 mics) soon and there will be video involved. There won't be any timecode, Sync Tentacle, LTC or any other syncing involved at this stage other than a rudimental clap.

My idea would be to export the two tracks from Pro Tools and give them to the video editor, have him do the edits and give me back the audio with all the cuts for mixing.
Sine this is a podcast and there will be pauses and mistakes, I will probably marker all of those during recording. If I export and OMF file, will those markers appear on Adobe Premiere (I'm inclined to believe it's no possible..).

Cheers
Old 09-15-2021, 03:51 AM

Default Re: Export OMF/AAF with markers to be opened in Adobe Premiere

Or maybe if I cut audio clips where the markers are and then export those to AAF, Adobe Premier will recognise those cuts? I'm sorry for the lame question but I know virtually nothing about how Adobe works or how well it may interact in a cross platform situation.
Old 09-15-2021, 05:16 AM

You can create blank consolidated clips on a third track at the marker points which the editor will see in the AAF.

Alternatively, you can export session info as text and only choose markers as your criteria. This will generate a txt file of the markers, location, and name of the marker.
Old 09-15-2021, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
You can create blank consolidated clips on a third track at the marker points which the editor will see in the AAF.

Alternatively, you can export session info as text and only choose markers as your criteria. This will generate a txt file of the markers, location, and name of the marker.
cheers! Those are actually great ideas. Thanks!
Old 09-16-2021, 07:43 PM
Sounds In Sync

I'm not sure if this would work, but EdiMarker can export markers in an AAF. I'm just not sure if Premiere would read these markers from the AAF. If so, you could export the markers from Pro Tools as a text files. You'd need to edit this text file so only the marker lines are in it and then you'd be able to import that into EdiMarker to export the AAF.

https://www.soundsinsync.com/products/edimarker
www.soundsinsync.com
Old 09-30-2021, 01:15 PM

How much mixing do you need to do?

We tend to have audio do a sweeten pass (balance levels, remove clicks/pops, remove non speaking sections) on the raw files while video editor does a content pass + multicam cut with the raw audio.

Video editor replaces raw with sweetened + does any final tweaks / compression etc (our video also has B roll with FX and titles + bumpers + graphics with music bubble etc.

Sweetened files also go to podcast audio producer who cuts a longer version, again finishing his own mix.

If you needed to do final mix you could get AAF from video editor.

If I was the video editor + was starting the edit post the sweeten pass I'd definitely vote for the AAF with the extra track to mark the 'delete' sections (ie keep the recording full length so camera syncing is easier)