Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2014, 04:52 AM

Default Re: Tell us What you Don't Like About the Artist

Hi Ed... Yes, when I bank switch to the beginning (track 1 appears on channel 1 on the Mix) hidden tracks are still visible on the Mix. I am using Eucon 3.1. I should mention that the hidden track issue is not a problem for me as I do not use the feature.

Thanks

Casey

Last edited by cpechet1; 02-23-2014 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 02-23-2014, 10:47 AM

deleted -----
------------------

Uh oh - now I am embarrassed -- I thought I disabled app nap but i didn't - Now that i have on both Eucontrol and the MC_Client - things seem to be working right. Will have to run it all day tomorrow - but in 20 minutes testing - working normal so far (Eucontrol 3.0.1 ) -
Design Engineer: http://www.propowerinc.com/resume.html

Last edited by propower; 02-23-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:40 PM

When I started this thread I was hoping that the negative things I had read were going to be proved wrong. Not only were they all right, but now there are many others insane issues with these units which is mind blowing to me!

I really wanted them to be great and my next purchase!

I guess I will either keep the pro controls or buy a C24.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 02-23-2014, 08:41 PM

Sorry all - I amended my post - after really disabling app nap on Eucontrol and MC_Client - things are working much better so far...
Old 02-28-2014, 02:05 AM

I own the transport only. I havent got the opportunity to recess it into my desk so it sits very high and when your hand is resting on the wheel it will rock up on its front legs. It also slides around a lot because there are no rubber feet.

Resting your palm on the desk and reaching fingers over to the wheel takes away access to the buttons and becomes uncomfortable

I dont understand why the front is canter levered like it is. The front feet are way to far back.

Front feet should be right up the front and rubber, profile should be as low and slim as possible.

Wires stick out the back. They should be made to plug along the back plate not perpendicular to it. Power over ethernet should be possible. Wireless would be nice option.

Oh and it should actually work reliably. As soon as I upgraded to eucontrol 3.1 and firmware 1.6 it doesnt run with protools even after downgrading, fresh os install..tried everything but thats another story!
Old 02-28-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
When I started this thread I was hoping that the negative things I had read were going to be proved wrong. Not only were they all right, but now there are many others insane issues with these units which is mind blowing to me!

I really wanted them to be great and my next purchase!

I guess I will either keep the pro controls or buy a C24.
The thing is Avid is not improving eucon or its so slow at it that we have the impression that there is no development going on at all. I'm selling my 2 mc mix and mc control as I installed a big SSL here. I wanted to keep one of the mc mix for some automation in Pro tools but I don't think it's worth it...

What I don't get is that s6 is based on eucon. So either they have a new eucon protocol ready to go for it or it will be a disaster too...

I would go with a c24 or keep yours Procontrol for now.

Hackintosh, 3,7 GHz 10-Core Intel i9, 64 GB 3200 MHz DDR4, OSX Catalina 10.15.7, PT HDX 2023.9.0, SSL 4040G+, tons of outboard

Mac Book M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, OSX 23.6, PT Studio 2023.9.0
Old 02-28-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcslaam View Post
I own the transport only. I havent got the opportunity to recess it into my desk so it sits very high and when your hand is resting on the wheel it will rock up on its front legs. It also slides around a lot because there are no rubber feet.

Resting your palm on the desk and reaching fingers over to the wheel takes away access to the buttons and becomes uncomfortable

I dont understand why the front is canter levered like it is. The front feet are way to far back.

Front feet should be right up the front and rubber, profile should be as low and slim as possible.

Wires stick out the back. They should be made to plug along the back plate not perpendicular to it. Power over ethernet should be possible. Wireless would be nice option.

Oh and it should actually work reliably. As soon as I upgraded to eucontrol 3.1 and firmware 1.6 it doesnt run with protools even after downgrading, fresh os install..tried everything but thats another story!
the front and back feet lock into place, so it doesn't get tipsy at all, they also have rubber so it doesn't move around.. I'm not sure what you mean? Did you overlook the back set of feet?
Old 03-03-2014, 08:23 PM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

What I like:
Feeling of the Solo/Mute buttons
Have the Transport change layout on the mix units

What I don't like:
-Connection issues and crashes
-No new features are implemented and the user interface is archaic
-Must restart computer to have Eucon work with Logic
-Useless touchscreen (v.1)
-Fader Noise
-Have to stay with older system because newer OS support is uncertain
Old 03-07-2014, 12:09 PM

I have 3 mix units and 1 Control unit installed in a Malone Designs MC desk, THE SETUP LOOKS BADASS.

When everything works, the control is nice and the touch screen is much more intuitive and useful than I thought it would be even going so far as to have replaced a few of my commonly used quick key commands. No complaints about the faders on the mix units here either, they do the job nicely.

Problems:
No dedicated RTZ on the control transport and shift rewind has NEVER ONCE performed this function for me

The record arm buttons are located in an absolutely asinine place.

The rotary encoders feel flimsy

The artist control unit should absolutely have a 4 channel version of the same OLED scribble strip as the mix units and the faders should be positioned in the same place. This seems like a cost cutting measure that really backfired. It ruins the whole feel of the system when multiple units are connected.

I don't care what anyone else said about banking beyond track one, there is no reason why this shouldn't be enabled. I shouldn't have to turn a unit off to be able to bring the first tracks in the session down to the unit in front of me. Why the hell can't this just be an option?

I would be totally willing to purchase the version two issues of these controllers and give you guys another chance but I think I speak for a lot of people who have invested in custom desks that you'd turn loyal customers into enemies if you changed the physical size of the units, especially since a lot of us feel like you guys just never got these right in the first place. I have over 4000 USD invested in a set of controllers and another 1500 in a desk. The setup is ALMOST awesome.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:16 PM

Agree with most of what is said above --

If you hit the eucontrol settings you can change the order of the hardware units so that the first tracks can be on whatever unit you wish...

I swear they used to just go around the two controllers I have so any track could be anywhere just by nudging. Did 3.1 kill this?? Thats when i discovered the "surfaces" tab in Eucontrol to change what is on which controller (my two are in separate rooms - tracking - mixing).