Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-12-2007, 08:15 AM

Default IK Multimedia\'s T-RaskS EQ 1.3 update!

I received a email from IK Mulitmedia, (makers of the Sample Tank2, Amplitube LE & T-Racks) part of the optional plugins that came with the ProTools Factory Bundle. It says in the email:
"A download for the new T-RackS 1.3 is now available, providing compatibility for IK
registered users with Mac Intel Systems. T-RackS users may download this software
update for free from the IK User Area. In addition to Mac Intel compatibility, T-RackS 1.3 is now fully Pro Tools 7 compliant
and compatible with Cubase 4."

FYI, this update, is not for eligible for all PT owners..... "The 1.3 is for TR full paid users.. not the DIGI bundle version of TR..", which was the reply back from IK.
At this time the new upgrade is on Digi's update page, (I didn't see anywhere) doesn't clarify nor mention that Factory Bundle owners are NOT eligible, for the new "full feature w/mastering" T-RaskS 1.3. The update looked better, cause it has a New Mastering added feature, so I tried to download it, thinking it would work. The full version w/ the added Mastering is NOT for Factory Bundle registered owners. Just a "heads-up".

IK Multimedia and DigiDesign, I think should (* note ) this information, as it is a tease... looking at the newer & better T-Racks 1.3.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:19 AM

Default Re: IK Multimedia\'s T-RaskS EQ 1.3 update!

That's generally the way it is with all the bundled software in the Ignition Pack - it's 'LE' or 'Lite' versoins which aren't upgradeable the same way as full purchased versions.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:24 AM

Your confusing the TracksEQ plug in the ignition pack, with the full plug in Tracks suite from IK.

Only the EQ plug from the suite is in the PT bundle, and we do have 1.3 of that available on the digi site.

The full suite from IK has the Comp, EQ, Limiter and new Expander plugs.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:05 AM

Your're right .... I was excited and confused on that very point. Oh, well ...thanks for your input. Don't ya think they should mention that "it's for only Full T-Racks purchases & not Digi Bundles", on the sent IK's email and on Digi's download page?? Clarification, is nice before or upon downloading such. Less stress and hassel! Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with T-Racks, the way it came. It was confusing at the time... that's all. But, maybe someday I can afford the "full version" price .... not at this time though. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:05 AM

You're right .... I was excited and confused on that very point. Oh, well ...thanks for your input. Don't ya think they should mention that "it's for only Full T-Racks purchases & not Digi Bundles", on the sent IK's email and on Digi's download page?? Clarification, is nice before or upon downloading such. Less stress and hassel! Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with T-Racks, the way it came. It was confusing at the time... that's all. But, maybe someday I can afford the "full version" price .... not at this time though. Thanks.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:21 PM

True.

More verification would be nice. Especially for everyone moving to Intel Mac platforms. IK sampletank SE, the update for the Ignition pack on intel, fails on the Intel platform with 7.3.1, freezes on open of the plug or sessions with the plug. I emailed them and they confirmed the problem.

All the problems, most seem to be from bad plugs leftover. I finally had to take an afternoon, list all my plugs, seriously search and compare old to new. Made sure I had the newest and went clean to 7.3 and new plug versions. No problems (Digi002R Lion mod on MacBook pro, 7.3.1)
Old 05-02-2007, 08:51 AM

Boy.... you said a "mouthfull that's true"! Thanks ... cause I thought the same as the Knowlege Base could more "user friendly" .. & easier with simple (all ya need downloads) for all new Itels or what ever configuration including the correct plugins updates you may need previously purchased.. .... Anotherstate