Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2022, 03:25 PM

Default Re: iLok licence Manager now has ARM support

I suggest if you don't want to experiment, that you sit tight and let this be for a while. Things will clear up eventually, and if things aren't broken, don't try to fix them.
Old 03-06-2022, 04:30 PM

5.5.0 GM would seem to indicate it's a Golden Master (GM). This is usually the last version before the true public release. So for whatever reason, it seems like some of you guys are getting access to the GM, before the actual public release is made, which is probably imminent.
Old 03-06-2022, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogboy100 View Post
5.5.0 GM would seem to indicate it's a Golden Master (GM). This is usually the last version before the true public release. So for whatever reason, it seems like some of you guys are getting access to the GM, before the actual public release is made, which is probably imminent.
However, the current version is 5.4.1 GM so the assumption that GM means "Golden Master" and is the last version before true public is not necessarily correct. I'm looking forward to this and hopefully Avid can follow suit (while I'm still praying for the safety of the developers in Ukraine). Ideally, Apple will release their new M2/M1Pro/M1Max machines just in time with Avid compatibility with Monterey.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 03-06-2022, 06:16 PM

I’m running Monterey and just opened up the iLok license manager and checked for updates. It said I was up to date. I’ve got 5.4.1 installed.

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.
Old 03-06-2022, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico618 View Post
Yep same here. We are getting closer
As you can see you had the beta version before.
So I guess only beta versions are updated to GM versions all the rest stays at 5.4.1.
Old 03-07-2022, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
I suggest if you don't want to experiment, that you sit tight and let this be for a while. Things will clear up eventually, and if things aren't broken, don't try to fix them.
T\]

This is always good advice especially the: "if things aren't broken, don't try to fix them". As for my situation, this is the very reason I explained in my original post how this unapproved by Avid system is used in my studio.

I have two different studio's (a main studio, and a backup studio) in two different physical locations basically to be able to have two different physical internet connections. I also have full internet access at a university I work with.

For a few reasons that includes Covid, I am working out of my backup studio. The MBP max macOS 12 system is set up completely separate having its own interfaces, speakers, monitors etc basically sharing nothing but a internet connection with the main system that is a Mac Pro Trash can running Mojave with an older Pro Tools version. This system runs very well and was never updated because it is not broken. The 2018 loaded MBP backup computer to the Mac Pro also has Mojave on it but I would used it with newer PT versions as they came out to see if I wanted to install these newer versions on the main Mac Pro system. I run PT ultimate but also have a second PT standard license on a separate iLok for backup that until recently was the iLok I was using to test this new unapproved system.

With all this being said I have no concerns about updating my MBP max at every opportunity to see if it will run better. As I was doing this...I just happen to get the universal iLok 5.5 handed to me, which I posted here, not knowing at that time, it was an anomaly that I got it. In any case, I have seen no issues with the use of iLok 5.5 universal so far.
Old 03-07-2022, 05:28 PM

I should have made it clear that my comment was intended as a general advice, and not aimed at anyone.
Old 03-07-2022, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
I should have made it clear that my comment was intended as a general advice, and not aimed at anyone.
I actually quoted you because your "advice" is spot on concerning Pro Tools as a whole. My post wasn't meant to be a direct response to you...if anything it's actually taking "aim" at my university students that I strongly encourage to read the DUC (yes, I will always call this forum the DUC, it's the old dog new trick thing) as much as possible. My academic world rarely crosses over into my Pro audio world but I still want them to know I do practice what I preach.
Old 03-11-2022, 02:09 AM

Upgraded to 5.5 with Silicon Native support today - so its finally up! :)
Mac 16 Core 7,1 -Os 10.15.7 - 96 gb Ram - Pro Tools 2022.6 Ultimate in 5 suites - MTRX Studio -S6 26-5-D - Sync HD - Video Satelite (Symphony 2022.5, AJA Kona 3g) Pro Protools 2022.6 Vanilla in 21 x Recording and Edit suites. Mac 6,1 Mac Mini, Mac Mini M1, Mac Studio Pro, Mac Studio Max
Mediacomposer 2021.12 on AJA Kona 3g / XT I/O x 3 suites. Multiple Avid S1, S3 & Docks
Old 03-11-2022, 07:49 AM

sigh