Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2011, 02:53 PM

Default Pro Tools 8.0 HD Installer Download

Hi all,

Can someone help me before I pull my hair out? I have a line on someone selling the i-lock auth for PT 8.0 HD (TDM). I see another post for the 7.4 download, and figured how hard can it be to find 8? After 2 hours, I give up.

Can someone please direct me to the 8.0 download. I specifically need 8.0, so that I can so the CS update to 8.0cs3, so that my AutoTune 4 TDM will work. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:03 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8.0 HD Installer Download

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMitchell View Post
Hi all,

Can someone help me before I pull my hair out? I have a line on someone selling the i-lock auth for PT 8.0 HD (TDM). I see another post for the 7.4 download, and figured how hard can it be to find 8? After 2 hours, I give up.

Can someone please direct me to the 8.0 download. I specifically need 8.0, so that I can so the CS update to 8.0cs3, so that my AutoTune 4 TDM will work. Thanks.
Hi,

I'm quite sure PT8 full installer is only available to registered owners of pt8 HD systems.

The hardware and software should be sold together and transfer of ownership should be done at the time to the new owner.

You might be able to buy the install disk from the avid store? or find someone with the installer package .img

Selling the licenses separately on ebay and the buy and sell section is a bit of a loophole and not really allowed if you read the EULA. But i know people do it, but you just have to be aware of the non registered status and not having all the downloads available to you.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:04 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I've done more research, and am going to get 7.4 instead. I did find the link for that one:
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=356927
Old 04-12-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMitchell View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I've done more research, and am going to get 7.4 instead. I did find the link for that one:
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=356927
Hi,

Thats a download for 7.4.2 which needs 7.4 to be installed first.

I think you'll find the same problem buying just the ilok auth without the software and hardware.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:25 AM

Sorry for being so dense with this.

OK, so I either have to buy the Pro Tools HD 7.4 update for $249 from the Avid Store, which will provide me with the download software and i-lok authorization, or, I have to find someone with the software and the i-lok authorization to sell me, and transfer the ownership of both to me. Correct?

Sorry for not understanding, but when I bought and installed my PT HD 6.2.3, it was still serial number entry from the card that came with the software from the store.