Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 03-30-2013, 09:56 PM

Default Structure & Post Production

Hi does ANYONE use Structure in a post production capacity?

I do. Rather, I try to.

I run into several Show stopping problems, but these are the two I can't get past right now.

I try to use Structure to Edit footsteps for my cartoon characters....... when I go to stem out my individual characters feet sounds, of which I've created a unique Patch, with Parts for.... I only need it in MONO, so I arm their already setup "left side input" of the 32 available channels Structure offers" record tracks, this is the problem I encounter.

If I have my mono record track's input active, and choose to close my session, for any reason.... when I go and re-open this session.... the previously mentioned record track's Input will have been "Forced Inactive". As it turns out, it is actually "Completely-not-even-possibly-able-to-be-reactivated-at-all-AT-ALL".

My work around is to choose the subsequent Right Channel of the previously mentioned 32 outputs, and continue "stemming" my feet.

I've read that trashing prefs, will fix this... It worked for me like ONCE before, when I encountered this problem sometime last year..... like once, maybe...... but doesn't work for me now.

is it because I'm at PT 9.0.5 and not 9.0.6?? well. we'll soon see, I'm upgrading to PT10 HD Native. fingers crossed.

I have just decided to record some more midi for a scene, of which I have created a cool little "servo" Patch to make, ..... yup,...... servo sounds tooooooo picture, when a cute little robot moves his arms.

So now, I suppose because I've decided to RECORD ARM a MIDI track or something..... NOW my picture wants to freeze on a single frame, rather than roll, no matter what it is I'm recording.... midi, audio.... only after ReActivating a Previously Inactive Track.

Does this have something to do with it?

So right now I can't perform my sounds to the motion pictures.

Kinda sucks, I can't seem to get my picture rolling again... like.... when I roll.

Any insight?.......... anyone?

I've tried posting on the "Virtual Instruments FORUM" before but no luck/"not-even-a-single-viewer-of-my-post".

Trying my luck here!

I'm trying to record MIDI only right now. The video is :

"H.264, 864 x 486 - Linear PCM, 16 bit big-endian signed integer, 48000 Hz, Stereo (L R)" with a "3.10 Mbit/s" data Rate, and "864 × 486 pixels (Actual)"..... so says the Quick Time Inspector.
Its also running off the same drive as the session, I do this all the time.... 99.9999999999999999999% no issue. I've also tried offloading the video to both an internal drive, and a separate external drive from which I an running my session.

I've just started a completely new session... imported all the necessary tracks, and I can now record with the picture rolling.....
Must I generate a brand new session when this occurs.... re copying in all my tracks to work around this problem? Is it a completely corrupted session? WTF?
MacPro Late 2010 - 3.46 GHz 12Core
OSX 10.11.6 running on Samsung SSD (w/internal BU)
ProTools HD Native 12.7
96GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM
Sapphire AMD Radeon 7950
Allegro USB3 PCIe
Allegro FW800 PCIe for UAD Apollo Firewire

Peripherals:
Axiom Pro 61, Korg padKontrol, Oxygen 8, Behringer BCF2000, WACOM Tablet, MOTU MidiTimepiece, Kurzweil K2000R, Alesis QuadraVerb, Roland XV5080, nOb Control, Punch Light, Avid Artist Control, Avid Artist Transport, Avid Artist Mix, Mackie Hui
Old 04-03-2013, 06:09 AM

Default Re: Structure & Post Production

1st thing to do is recompress your vid.
PT likes full-frame compression codecs, try AIC, ProRes or Photojpeg.

PT 9 had video issues. Could have been QT the OS or 9, either way you may need to disable beam-sync for smooth video playback.
(search the DUC, plenty of threads on this)

Any armed track will re-open unarmed.
Command-click the record button to rec safe/un safe the track.

Can't help you with your Structure specific ?'s, sorry.
And maybe try to keep your posts a little more succinct/less rambling .... you might get some more replys.

kasper