Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-01-2008, 09:51 AM

Default \"logical end of file reached\" - error opening an older PT 5

I can't open a PT 5.0 session, and keep getting that error. Anyone know of a workaround? "Import session data" didn't work either. 8(
Old 02-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Avid

Default Re: \"logical end of file reached\" - error opening an older PT 5

Where did this session come from? How was it stored? How did you get it to this computer (network, CD, DVD)?

Do all files have their proper extensions?

Usually this error means nothing good - the file is corrupted or has had it's resource fork removed, either by incorrect storage (on a PC volume) or by being transmitted uncompressed over a network (not all cases will cause this, but it's usually a factor).
Old 02-10-2008, 02:24 AM

Default Re: \"logical end of file reached\" - error opening an older P

I have the same problem. The session I'm working on comes from a Mac running PT LE 6.4. The session was exported via Save Session Copy In with the 'enforce Mac/PC compatability' option checked as this was destined to be finished on a PC running PT LE 7.1. The session was transferred to the PC via a USB memory stick in ms-dos FAT32 format. The session didn't open on the PC, Pro Tools complained about reaching the end of the stream. So I tried opening the session on a Mac running PT LE 7.3.1 and got a "logical end of file reached' error.

I can confirm that the resource fork metadata file ("._<session_name>") shows up in Windows, so it hasn't been lost. I haven't yet been able to get back into the studio this session was originally created in to check it there.

Anyway, my question is, is this the wrong way to transfer data from one system to another? If so, what would be the correct way to do this?
Old 02-10-2008, 11:37 AM

Default Re: \"logical end of file reached\" - error opening an older P

I had this happening when transfering a session via a pc server.

there was no chance to get the session back to live.

Always zip before tranfering to pc.

Ale