Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-11-2006, 11:04 AM

Default Word Clock Connections in HD3 system

Hello All-
I realize that there was already a seriously debated thread on this topic but my question is a bit more involved. I read that there were some sync issues with the DM2000 and the DIGI 192'S so
hopefully i havent completely hosed myself.
Gear:
Yamaha Dm2000
9 Yamaha AD8HR remote controlled mic preamp
5 Yamaha 16ch AES exansion cards
5 Digidesign 192 D i/o
1 Digidesign 96 i/o
1 Digidesign Sync I/o
Apple g5 quad all the fixins
My question has to do with the best w/c configuration for this scenario. I am locked in with the gear unless is absolutely impossible to make this happen.
A: SYNC I/o to first digi interface in chain via loop sync then to the rest and back to SYNC I/O
B: SYNC I/O to AD8HR preamps via normal w/c chained 1-9 and terminated at the end or looped?
C: SYNC I/O to DM2K via AES cable into one of the AES digital inputs.

I apologize for the long post but i hope there is help for me out there. I appreciate any response
in advance! -Ryan