How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 02-02-2014, 11:03 PM

Default FISHMAN TriplePlay Wireless Guitar MIDI Controller

Hi There,

RE; FISHMAN TriplePlay Wireless Guitar MIDI Controller

Q - Does anyone use one of these ? ..., experiences ?

Im running Windows 7 , and FISHMAN are saying that the TriplePlay software has issues in Pro Tools 11 ( Windows Version ) .

FISHMAN are saying that AVID needs to do an update to Protools 11 Windows Version to correct the problem.

I want to buy a FISHMAN TriplePlay Wireless Guitar MIDI Controller , to compose in Pro Tools 11 , as my keyboard skills are crap ...,

Other than that ..., it looks like a much more realistic way to capture nuances like slides and string bends and vibrato for V.I stringed instruments etc

Here is the explanation from Fishman for the Protools 11 Windows version issue

- and a Temporary workaround solution to the problem that they say AVID needs to address with an update

Link ;
http://tripletalk.fishman.com/2014/0...tools-windows/

Using TriplePlay with Pro Tools 11 (Windows)

While the latest version 1.2 release of the TriplePlay software is AAX-compatible and can therefore be hosted within Pro Tools, this new feature is technically Mac-only as of right now. There is an issue within Pro Tools on Windows machines where the ports are not allowed to be shared once they are opened by Pro Tools, which prevents the TriplePlay controller from pairing with the receiver. Hopefully, Avid will be able to address this soon and release an update. In the meantime, if you want to host TriplePlay within Pro Tools on a Windows machine, there is a workaround.

Pro Tools 11 AAX - Temporary Workaround ( Untill Avid update Protools 11 Windows Version )

- Launch the TriplePlay standalone app. This will open the port for TriplePlay.

- Now launch Pro Tools. It will not be able to open the TriplePlay control port because it is already open.

- Close the TriplePlay standalone app. Now the TriplePlay plugin will be able to attach to the TP control port and everything should work

Q - Has anyone tried this workaround ?

Q- Is AVID working on a solution in PT11 , that will allow the sharing of ports on computers running Windows ?

Cheers
Old 02-03-2014, 10:27 AM

Default Re: FISHMAN TriplePlay Wireless Guitar MIDI Controller

There was a new pro tools update three days after that was posted that may or may not address the problem.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
There was a new pro tools update three days after that was posted that may or may not address the problem.
Apparently not - according to the Document that came with the latest version of PT 11.0.2.

Under the headings of " Issues resolved" in both versions 11.0.1.& 11.0.2 ..., there is no mention of a fix

I hope it is not left out with the next update ?
Old 02-04-2014, 06:34 AM

You should ask Fishman. I've seen lots of things fixed in the past that weren't mentioned in release notes.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:06 PM

I just brought the Triple Play (TP) to life on my Win7 machine last night using M Audio's M-Track Quad.

I soon will be trying TP with the version of ProTools Express installed on this notebook, (A Dell XPS17).

Looking forward to hearing more of ProTools compatibility. Thank you for your input...
Old 01-20-2015, 05:13 PM

I just brought the Triple Play (TP) to life on my Win7 machine last night using M Audio's M-Track Quad.

I soon will be trying TP with the version of ProTools Express installed on this notebook, (A Dell XPS17).

Looking forward to hearing more of ProTools compatibility. Thank you for your input...
Old 01-20-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basnettd View Post

Ive just set up a FTP to run on my MAC (with Yosemite) ..., and its giving me nothing but GRIEF ...,

It keeps losing the signal from the controller even though ive updated their firmware . Im not sure if its a Yosemite thing or what causing the problem.

Also , before I could even install it I had to trash the guitar rig.vst , and komplete control.vst files as they were causing greif with the install (took me two days to work out that one )

Fishmans tech support so far is an absolute disgrace - 4 days already and still no reply , plus their webite has nothing but a vague (more than a year old) FAQ page regarding info , and the last software update just as old also

For the price I paid for this thing (that came with lots of unwanted / un-needed software ) ..., I expected more product support from Fishman
Old 08-15-2021, 10:41 PM

Hi all,

I too bought a Fishman Triple Play recently. I'm trying to get it setup in Pro Tools. I'm running windows 10.

The TP works fine in stand alone mode with my computer.... just not in the DAW. So I at least know the computer is receiving midi input.

When I go to Midi setup in Pro Tools, it is seeing the TriplePlay. It displays

Fishman Triple Play [Emulated]
MidiIn2 (Fishman TriplePlay) [Emulated]

So I first started by setting up a midi track.
I set the midi input to "All".
I armed the track and started playing... and I wasn't seeing any signal. I recognize there won't be any sound... but shouldn't I at least see a visual that it's receiving midi information?

I tried clicking all the available outputs which were the same as the the TP and TP Midi IN 2 as well as Microsoft Gs wavelab synth and Microsoft Midi Mapper. Still not seeing anything.

Ok.

So I tried creating an Instrument track. I tried putting the TriplePlay on an insert and it came up as it should. I put Modo Bass on Split 2... and it came up. When I started playing, the Triple Play UI was showing the signal... but the Modo Bass wasn't sounding. If I clicked on one of the strings in the Modo Bass UI with my mouse.... I heard signal.

I tried loading up NI Kontakt 5 on the TriplePlay UI in protools. It came up. I selected a piano sound... but still no dice... no sound.

It seems like I'm missing something here. Any suggestions?

Sean Meredith-Jones
www.seanmeredithjones.com

Last edited by smj; 08-15-2021 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:10 AM

Pretty sure you need to just set it as a midi device in the Setup>Midi>Midi Studio setup and skip trying to use their software(its just not happy working in PT).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave