Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2011, 12:39 AM

Default The Wishlist...

For big and small ideas. Plz specify if your suggestions are Hardware or Software. There is a big chance JC and the guys will pick them up on the way, although I support the current priority...

Hardware - (optional)

1) A small plastic lock to replace the "feet-section" between units, that could save 4 cm if you like me have 5 units.

2) Coordinated Powersupply for 7 units (Control+Transport+4 Mix+Color)

Software -

1) (Low priority) To let us be able to use the orange color on the 4 small light knobs on the Transport that is activated on startup...
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 08-13-2011, 06:10 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe
Default Re: The Wishlist...

I agree about the smaller lock between the units, but it shouldn't be in plastic. In aluminum it would be better, perhaps with a fixable plate beneath to solidify and make it easier to move.
I'm currently having lots of problems moving my 4 units around without breaking those legs support.

I need to get the serial number underneath to register them and it's going to be a hell to flip around.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:46 AM

QWERTY Keyboard/mouse page on the touchscreen.

My goal is to run a mix start to finish with out needing the keyboard or mouse but that isn't really realistic. My main issue is that I want the faders closer to me but I don't like keyboard drawers. On the occasion that I need to access keyboard and mouse, it would be nice to have a tab on the screen that would be just that.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:51 AM

Drag and drop commands on the Eucontrol gui.

Copy and paste commands on the eucontrol gui

Copy to all... meaning, I want THIS button to be UNDO all all pages.

Save settings to file.. stored on USB stick.. so I can Open settings from file, at another studio.

MORE EUCON SUPPORT FOR PROTOOLS!! especially Preview mode automation.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:10 PM

EQ's that go band 1 to band 2, left to right.

As it is now, it goes band 2 left, band 1 right when you open an EQ via the insert.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xill View Post
I agree about the smaller lock between the units, but it shouldn't be in plastic. In aluminum it would be better, perhaps with a fixable plate beneath to solidify and make it easier to move.
I'm currently having lots of problems moving my 4 units around without breaking those legs support.

I need to get the serial number underneath to register them and it's going to be a hell to flip around.
Unplug everything and tilt them upward so that they rest on the back. Then it's easier to detach them and probably move also, although I never tried to move the 4-block without detaching.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse p View Post
QWERTY Keyboard/mouse page on the touchscreen.

My goal is to run a mix start to finish with out needing the keyboard or mouse but that isn't really realistic. My main issue is that I want the faders closer to me but I don't like keyboard drawers. On the occasion that I need to access keyboard and mouse, it would be nice to have a tab on the screen that would be just that.
I would like that also, but in the meantime..
One of the pages I created has arrow keys and common buttons such as tab, esc, enter, etc. Then below that I built a custom sliding keyboard drawer which is just tall enough for the apple keyboard and trackpad. I took a $15 sliding rail set and turned them around so that the wheels are on top instead of the sides. Then the kb/mouse are held to the wood with velcro strips to easily change out the battery. check it out:

http://i.imgur.com/96pgw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZyADK.jpg
Old 08-14-2011, 08:24 AM

Very slick Robert. That size would be acceptable here. I'm going to look into apple boards for my pc rig unless I can find something slim.

Here's my Mackie DIY desk, I was about half way done when I decided to move to avid. it's currently shredded but I'll be doing something similar when I fill out the avid system.

http://www.kdsound.net/untitled4.html
Old 08-14-2011, 09:54 AM

Looks great.

If you're not into building one, IKEA has one called Summera for 129:- SEK (approx 13,50 Euros)
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 08-14-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse p View Post
Very slick Robert. That size would be acceptable here. I'm going to look into apple boards for my pc rig unless I can find something slim.

Here's my Mackie DIY desk, I was about half way done when I decided to move to avid. it's currently shredded but I'll be doing something similar when I fill out the avid system.

http://www.kdsound.net/untitled4.html
Thanks. I like your former setup. I still have my mackie controllers but they're a bit limited and are the size of tanks as you probably know. My experience has been that if there is a keyboard sitting right in front of a controller like that, I'm more inclined to use it since it's closer and thus the surface buttons and screen would rarely get touched besides the faders. The only alternative was to hide the keyboard and use the control exclusively.