Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2001, 10:26 AM

Default D-verb and other reverb plugins

Hello,
I can't decide if I like the D-verb that comes with PTLE. Any thoughts on this topic? Has anyone used other reverb plugins with PTLE for windows? Which ones? Where did you get them and how much did they cost?
Thanks for any input you can give me!
William Hayes
Old 07-11-2001, 01:20 PM

Default Re: D-verb and other reverb plugins

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by saxbill:
Hello,
I can't decide if I like the D-verb that comes with PTLE. Any thoughts on this topic? Has anyone used other reverb plugins with PTLE for windows? Which ones? Where did you get them and how much did they cost?
Thanks for any input you can give me!
William Hayes
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I and many others that frequent this forum don't particularly like DVERB. You can get others from 3rd party vendors that sound much better but I understand they are real processor hogs. What many do is use an external reverb on an insert. Even my old Midiverb works better for me. My advice, use an external one and save your processor for other things.
Old 07-11-2001, 01:23 PM

I would be interested in someone that has used it successfuly maybe posting their settings. Every time I use it is makes the vocal hiss too much. It also makes the vocal sound very dark and lifeless.
Hello, anyone out like D-Verb?
WD EIDE 10GB
WD EIDE 250GB
XP Pro SP1
ProTools LE 6.4
Old 07-11-2001, 05:10 PM

I got it to sound allright using the predelay cranked way up and cranking the mix way down and adjusting the the delay rate to a reasonable delay time. I dont like really wet reverb sounds.You just have to play with it.Try doubling your vocal tracks that usually brings more life to them.Have fun Stu
Old 07-11-2001, 07:37 PM

Hi, yes I have actually used d-verb with reasonable success. And at itmes I quite like it. It does take a little bit of getting used to though.

Try using a send (second group of five under the inserts on the channel strip) via a buss to an aux track (with d-verb as an insert on this aux track). Ride the fader on the aux track to add the amount of wet signal you may wish. Try using some of the presets in d-verb to begin with but then try increasing or decreasing decay, pre-delay etc. (I use 100%mix and 0db input levels mostly.)

It took me a bit of time to get to get good results but it is actually very useful. Then again, I'm mainly doing acoustic/classical/ambient/chamber stuff.

If you do a search on the DUC, there have been some interesting discussions on this. There are some folk who think d-verb is excellent. Maybe email them for suggestions.

Cheers,

Haigbabe
Old 07-12-2001, 01:05 AM

Here are my two favorite D-Verb settings. The first is my "Room" setting. I'll put this verb on a stereo aux, and buss all tracks to it, setting the overall "wetness" of the mix with the aux fader. Makes it sound as if everything happened in the same room, at the same time. The second is my "Ambience" verb. I usually use this one to fatten up a vocal track. Not too much, very subtle. I also put this verb on an aux and set the wetness with the aux fader. I never use reverb as an insert on any audio track, always bussed to an aux.

Room Verb

Input Level = 0.0 dB
Mix = 100 %
Algorithm = Room 2
Size = Small
Diffusion = 87 %
Decay = 708 ms
Pre-Delay = 21 ms
Hi Freq Cut = 20.00 kHz
LP Filter = 7.92 kHz

Ambient Verb

Input Level = 0.0 dB