Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Administrator

Default Pro Tools M-Powered 7.1.1 for Intel-based Macs

Pro Tools M-Powered 7.1.1 for Intel-based Macs is now available for download:

Pro Tools M-Powered 7.1.1 is a free download for all Pro Tools M-Powered owners with M-Powered iLok authorization.
Pro Tools M-Powered 7.1.1 Downloads
  • A previous installation of Pro Tools does NOT need to be installed on your system to use these installers.
  • These installers require an Intel-based Mac to run. They will not work on a PowerPC-based Mac.
Documentation & Additional Downloads
For Pro Tools LE 7.1.1 and Pro Tools M-Powered 7.1.1 for Intel-based Macs
Please see the additional download pages there for separate installers for documentation, optional plug-ins, optional software, and software bundles not included with the main Pro Tools M-Powered application download.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools M-Powered 7.1.1 for Intel-based Macs

Hello

I have a iMac Intel core duo OSX Tiger 10.4.6 , and my old plugin wont work with PT 7.1.1 Mpowered
Waves 5.2 wont work and the Waves7 updater wont work too!
URS wont work!
Oxford wont work!
Serato wont work!
Bombfactory wont work , only free bombfactory working!

And I had problems with palyback and record
I have 1 HD Sata with 2 partitions (system , audio)
1 HFS journaled (first partition)
and
1 HFS journaled (second partition)
When i try to record or play at the 2 partition i get -9131 ERROR
If i try with the first partition (system) i do not get ERROR

can someone help ?

thanks
Andre Mattos
Record Engineer
Old 06-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Administrator

All plug-ins and software have to be updated for Intel-based Macs, unless they were already updated to Universal Binaries for PPC & Intel-based Macs.

All of the Bomb Factory plug-ins have been updated for compatibility with Pro Tools 7.1.1:
www.digidesign.com/compato/osxintel/ma/sw.cfm

But you need to download and install the updated versions from the optional software page linked from the main Pro Tools 7.1.1 page:
www.digidesign.com/download/711/sw

As far as I know, none of the other plug-ins that you mentioned are compatible yet with Intel-based Macs.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:29 AM

Hi admin

Can I just say again that this update has been the best and on time I seen from digi yet.
I use a top of the range imac intel and its unbelievable so far .Solid as arock in every aspect. great work.

brandy
Old 06-06-2006, 09:30 PM

I have the same issue, the only plugins that show up are the ones that were inlcuded w/ PTMP. I have RTAS Plug ins that will say they are loading on the PTMP load screen and won't show up in PTMP..they have all been used before with my other DAW (Nuendo and DP5). I even re installed the plugins like Komplete 3, MX4, Yellow Tools all Mac Intel ready and they won't show up in my plugins list?

Please help...

Thanks
Old 06-07-2006, 05:55 AM

Hello,
I have just downloaded the 7.1.1. version and I can't install it on my dual core I-mac. When I try, the error message is (in french, because I am french, nobody's perfect): "Codec dépassé" wich may signify that the codec is not updated, but I'm not sure...
Thank you in advance for your help !
Old 06-12-2006, 10:48 AM

Hi,

I've installed this new version a couple of days ago, every worked fine, till today. I'm using an M-Audio Solo soundcard. I tried opening up a session from the studio (TDM) with a sample rate of 88.2 KHz. Right after this I couldn't hear any sound anymore, I opened up iTunes to listen to something, and I couldn't hear something either.

So I closed pro tools, unplugged the soundcard, plugged it back in, restart the computer. Then I started up iTunes first, the sound was working again. I start up the same 88.2 session again, and the sound stops right away. I've never had this problem with 44.1 from the studio, but with 88.2 I have a problem, haven't used any other sample rates yet, but this looks like a bug to me, isn't it?

Robin
Old 06-13-2006, 02:18 AM

Hi,

I just tried using the fasttrack pro soundcard for it (uses an other driver) and with this one it works so I think it's a bug in the driver, at least that is what it looks like to me.

Robin
Old 06-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Avid

Quote:
I have the same issue, the only plugins that show up are the ones that were inlcuded w/ PTMP. I have RTAS Plug ins that will say they are loading on the PTMP load screen and won't show up in PTMP..they have all been used before with my other DAW (Nuendo and DP5). I even re installed the plugins like Komplete 3, MX4, Yellow Tools all Mac Intel ready and they won't show up in my plugins list?

Please help...

Thanks
I know that Komplete3 and MX4 are not Intel ready and I'm pretty sure that Yellow Tools isn't either, which would explain why they aren't showing up.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Avid

Quote:
Hello,
I have just downloaded the 7.1.1. version and I can't install it on my dual core I-mac. When I try, the error message is (in french, because I am french, nobody's perfect): "Codec dépassé" wich may signify that the codec is not updated, but I'm not sure...
Thank you in advance for your help !
It sounds like you may have a corrupted download. Trash the file and redownload the update.