Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 09-14-2022, 02:38 PM

Default Re: iZotope RX10

Running the demo of Ozone 10 Advanced in PT 2021.6 and OSX 10.13.6. I know the minimum requirements are OSX 10.15.6 but though I'd give it a try. For the most part it's working ok (whether what it does is good or not is another matter) but I keep getting an error message when PT goes to do it's autosave. I have that set for every 5 minutes. When it goes to do that I get an error message saying the autosave won't happen. Sorry I don't have a copy of that but the thing is is anyone else getting an error message with regards PT's autosave not going to happen?

QAPLA!
Old 09-15-2022, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Running the demo of Ozone 10 Advanced in PT 2021.6 and OSX 10.13.6. I know the minimum requirements are OSX 10.15.6 but though I'd give it a try. For the most part it's working ok (whether what it does is good or not is another matter) but I keep getting an error message when PT goes to do it's autosave. I have that set for every 5 minutes. When it goes to do that I get an error message saying the autosave won't happen. Sorry I don't have a copy of that but the thing is is anyone else getting an error message with regards PT's autosave not going to happen?
I am experiencing the same thing with Ozone 10 Advanced in PT Ultimate 2022.6, running Mojave 10.14.6 ("unsupported") on a Mac Pro 5,1. Autosave is borked. "Save" itself throws up an error message sometimes, but not always. When I saw the System Requirements I was wary and aware that I was buying the upgrade "for the future" (Altho I think it will run on my [newer, Intel] laptop, but iZotope did away with the standalone app, and PT's iLok restriction only gives you one computer at a time, so....)

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 09-15-2022, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post
I am experiencing the same thing with Ozone 10 Advanced in PT Ultimate 2022.6, running Mojave 10.14.6 ("unsupported") on a Mac Pro 5,1. Autosave is borked. "Save" itself throws up an error message sometimes, but not always. When I saw the System Requirements I was wary and aware that I was buying the upgrade "for the future" (Altho I think it will run on my [newer, Intel] laptop, but iZotope did away with the standalone app, and PT's iLok restriction only gives you one computer at a time, so....)
Ran into a fellow on YouTube in the comments section for one of the Ozone10 reviews and he's having the same issue on Win11 and latest PT version so it's not just us Mac guys on unsupported OSX's. Haven't gotten the error on manual save in a couple of days but I did get it. And autosave has quieted down as well (as he knocks on wood). And people are getting the error in both the demo and paid for versions of Ozone 10 so this one is on iZotope to fix.

While I don't plan on getting a new Mac I'm also thinking of the future because I don't know how far along Ozone 9 Advanced will go. Intel Macs shouldn't be a problem but it's M1/M2 Macs that would be the fly in the ointment.

QAPLA!
Old 09-15-2022, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Ran into a fellow on YouTube in the comments section for one of the Ozone10 reviews and he's having the same issue on Win11 and latest PT version so it's not just us Mac guys on unsupported OSX's. Haven't gotten the error on manual save in a couple of days but I did get it. And autosave has quieted down as well (as he knocks on wood). And people are getting the error in both the demo and paid for versions of Ozone 10 so this one is on iZotope to fix.

While I don't plan on getting a new Mac I'm also thinking of the future because I don't know how far along Ozone 9 Advanced will go. Intel Macs shouldn't be a problem but it's M1/M2 Macs that would be the fly in the ointment.
Good to know. Thanks. Ozone 10 says it's compatible with M1 Macs, so I'm hopeful for its future. I will need to upgrade within the next several months.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 09-16-2022, 04:37 PM

I paid $249 to upgrade my Izotope Music Production suite from 4 to 5.1. So, for me that updates to Neuron 4, Ozone 10 Advanced and RX 10 standard.

So far, I'm impressed at Ozone 10's one click mastering thingy - I think it does a better job than before. Mastering has always been complicated and there really is no one-size fits all, it's an art like everything else. Buttttt... this feature get's me closer to a better sounding outcome, faster.

Try it.

I don't like the way Izotope sells products and their product manager. Confusing. Tell me the products I own, what's installed/authorized and what needs to be updated in one clean utility. Izotope kind of does this but really messy.
Studio: 2021 Mac Studio Ultra M1 20 Core CPU, 48 Core GPU, 64GB Ram, 4TB SSD boot | Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12 | PreSonus Quantum 4848 interface| MOTU 112D interface | Digi PRE, FR OctoPre MKII, Mackie Onyx 800R, Panasonic WZ-AD96M (x2) and DA7, Eleven Rack, Apogee Big Ben, Mercury, Rode K2, Slate VMS ML-1 (x2). Laptop: Dell Inspiron 5559, i7-6500U 2.6Ghz, 16 GB RAM, 15.6" 1920x1080 1TB SSD
Old 09-16-2022, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1524 View Post
I paid $249 to upgrade my Izotope Music Production suite from 4 to 5.1. So, for me that updates to Neuron 4, Ozone 10 Advanced and RX 10 standard.

So far, I'm impressed at Ozone 10's one click mastering thingy - I think it does a better job than before. Mastering has always been complicated and there really is no one-size fits all, it's an art like everything else. Buttttt... this feature get's me closer to a better sounding outcome, faster.

Try it.

I don't like the way Izotope sells products and their product manager. Confusing. Tell me the products I own, what's installed/authorized and what needs to be updated in one clean utility. Izotope kind of does this but really messy.
Glad you like the mastering assistant but for me it was one big disaster. It constantly misread the genre. It was seeing Rush-type tunes as reggae. Also was widening the low end by first narrowing it and then using the recover sides bit to widen things again. Couple that with no standalone and it was no thanks.

iZotope gave their developers a drop-dead date for release and that account for almost nothing new in RX and gimmicks in Ozone.

QAPLA!
Old 09-17-2022, 07:40 PM

Ozone is great as is RX (I’m on 9) but the mastering assistant hasn’t been that useful for me. I think it’s probably good for pop or rap music.

I’ll probably wait on 10 but either way it’s a really nice set of tools when used sparingly.

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/
Old 09-18-2022, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
Ozone is great as is RX (I’m on 9) but the mastering assistant hasn’t been that useful for me. I think it’s probably good for pop or rap music.

I’ll probably wait on 10 but either way it’s a really nice set of tools when used sparingly.
Waiting is a good idea. Especially it was a rushed release. And the intermittent interference with PT's autosave and manual save. I'm passing on both.

QAPLA!
Old 09-18-2022, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Waiting is a good idea. Especially it was a rushed release. And the intermittent interference with PT's autosave and manual save. I'm passing on both.
I’m passing too. I demoed both products, and I can get the Everything bundle for $199, a no-brainier seemingly.

RX has nothing at all new and useful for me except - sporadically - the LF in Spectral Repair. Ozone has a few new modules that are pretty good, but honestly I have so many other options that cover these areas I doubt I’d use them any more than the other modules i don’t use. (FWIW also the assistant doesn’t appear to work at all in Acon Acoustica).

The other thing - first world problems I realise - is that installing both massively increases yet more usual identical versions of about 25 plugins in the PT list. Is it worth the bother? Not for me. Uninstalling was a relief.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 09-19-2022, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Update:
I installed Ozone 10 Advanced trial and the plugins work just fine in PT 2021.6 running in OSX 10.13.6

Hello, any issues with MIDI in your setup? Auto save is "borked"... that's not good. I have a similar specced 2012 Mac running PT2021.6 fairly smooth on 10.13.6. Afraid to change OS or PT version, "don't fix if it isn't broken".