Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2004, 12:33 PM

Default SampleTank probs

Just trying to get started with SampleTank 2XL.
Problem: After making the stereo audio track, choosing SampleTank, creating midi track, putting in record (output = sampletank ch 1), Prefs to sampletank instruments folder.... I double click on an instrument and ALL I GET IS THE SPINNING CIRCLE (FOR EVER).
It hangs "for ever". Whats the prob?
Old 01-10-2004, 01:13 PM

Default Re: SampleTank probs

I came here to post a new thread about Sampletank as I was hoping it was going to be a solution. Kontakt is so unstable it's unusable, Mach5 is better but not solid and professional. The first two posts I read are both about problems with Sampletank. Is a PC Giga set up the only way in 2004?
What a shame Digi dropped the ball.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:52 PM

This would be a really bad thing! Any other "working" SampleTank 2XL users??????????
Old 01-10-2004, 04:56 PM

I've tried to use SampleTank 2 as well and its just a joke. They(IK) haven't given us a bug fix in over a month in a half. The latency makes it completely unusable, as well as the fact that it crashes Protools all the time. I can't use it with any clients, because it just isn't professional grade. And w/ no SampleCell my hands are tied. I'm at my wits end, because I just want a decent Virtual SAmpler for P.T. in OSX!!
Dual G4 867Mhz
768 Ram
PT. 6.1
OSX 10.2.8
Old 01-10-2004, 05:24 PM

Oh my goodness... what have we gotten our selves into? So we just sit here? This is terrible!

What's the immediate work around?
Old 01-11-2004, 11:46 AM

SampleTank Sucks I wished i could write something better or longer but that pretty much sums it up. I wasted my money on it, thinking that vesion 2 has to work properly WRONG. They got me on that one.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:14 AM
FXpansion Audio

Anyone tried the VST version in the wrapper? Just curious if it works any better.
Old 01-12-2004, 04:25 AM

Quote:
I came here to post a new thread about Sampletank as I was hoping it was going to be a solution. Kontakt is so unstable it's unusable, Mach5 is better but not solid and professional. The first two posts I read are both about problems with Sampletank. Is a PC Giga set up the only way in 2004?
What a shame Digi dropped the ball.
I own Kontakt and havent even bothered downloading the OSX version because of what I have read. I couldnt deal with more problems and frustrations. That simply stops the creative process.

Currently Im using outboard sampling but am waiting to find out of Halion can work with FX Xpansions wrapper. if it works that will be a perfect combination. Halion is an excellent sampler and dont be put off it by the fact its made by Steinberg. Its fantastic.

Your right, this is a very sad state of affairs in the year 2004. As it stands right now there isnt a single useable sampler for Pro tools. I thought OSX was going to make life easier for all of us.

i feel your frustration as I ve seen a few posts from you regarding samplers on here and at slutz.

Cheers

Old 01-12-2004, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Anyone tried the VST version in the wrapper? Just curious if it works any better.
Hi Angus,

Do you know if Halion will work in PT's with your wrapper?

Ive been trying to find out this info but no one seems to know. I dont want to purchase either until I know.

thanks

PS
yeh, somene should try the VST versions with your wrapper. that would be interesting.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:21 PM

I have problems with SampleTank channels not working.

For example, just now, channel 1 of the plugin wasn't working. I just switched everything over to channel 2 and everything worked fine! This only happens when using more than one SampleTank insert.

Weird. It WAS really frustrating, but now I know what the glitch is, I can work around it.

But I agree with the above, that SampleTank is a quite a crappy program.

www.maxroberts.net