Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2009, 07:34 PM

Default Need he taking my recording sessions live

I just completed my CD using the digidesign M-box, pro-tools 7 and reasons. Now I am needing to set up my live sound using some of the backtracks from my recording sessions. I am a solo performer/keyboardist/vocalist.

First of all how do I route the M-box to an external mixer?
I would like to know how other solo/duo's find it easiest to produce their live sound from their reasons/pro tools sessions.

I've seen a lot of info on what you can do once you are hooked up but I need help getting the set up. I have two JBL powered speakers, a PC with Windows XP, an M-Box, small mixer and some external effects units.

Also I am running the M-box from my midi controller and wanted to purchase a harmonizer for my vocal live sound. So this is two midi programs and if I use the reasons keyboard sounds I'm afraid it won't work with an external harmonizer. Any feedback?

Thanks for your help and input.

Kaleah
www.kaleah.com
Old 10-25-2009, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Need he taking my recording sessions live

I want to use the sounds from Reasons that I used in my recordings and also use some of the backtracks, but play and sing the main parts. I could just use a CD for backtracks but this doesn't help with the reasons sounds that I am playing live from my midi controller keyboard.

The other issue I'm having is I want to use a vocal harmonizer also in my live performances and it is midi based. So don't know how I will be able to use my reasons keyboard sounds and the vocal harmonizer with the same midi controller keyboard.

Thought maybe others have run into similar challenges with creating a live performance.

K.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:33 PM

Most just create Tv tracks or they use stems within PT from the original session...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 10-26-2009, 01:10 AM

I'd guess you'd connect the outputs of your Mbox to 2 inputs on your mixer.