Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2008, 11:27 AM

Angry Extremely Disappointed with Digidesign Customer Service

32 minutes on hold and no answer....

All I need is to understand ho to upgrade from 7.3 to 7.4. I cannot upgrade to 8 because I just don't have another $100 to spare (seriously... we're on a recession). But my mac with Leopard will not work with 7.3.

I would imagine Digidesign has this solution for users like me but it's SUCH A FFREAKING HASSLE TO DEAL WITH ANYONE!!

So if there is a digidesign employee that reads this... can you please point me in the right direction?

Pardon my bold and caps but I am really frustrated, and people's time is nothing to underestimate. Hopefully I will receive an answer to this post.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Extremely Disappointed with Digidesign Customer Service

They've been closed since the holiday, just as most businesses have. So 4.5 days worth of customers calling in at the same time, not just you. Just have to be more patient than usual or email them I guess.

If you received a 7.4 free upgrade email upon registering your Digi hardware card then you can follow that and activate it to get your 7.4 authorization code. You would have to have purchased & registered your hardware on or after Oct 1st 07.

If you did not receive the this email, it could be for a few reasons:
  • You aren't eligible.
  • your email spam filter is dumping emails from Digidesign into your spam mailbox for some reason and you aren't checking there.
  • you aren't checking the same email address that is registered with Digidesign.
Once you've activated 7.4 then you should download PT LE 7.4.2 here: http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?lang...4&itemid=32909

Use the 7.4 activation code to authorize it.

7.4.2 is the only version that will work (besides 8.0) on Leopard.

If you didn't receive the 7.4 free upgrade and you've checked the junk mail folder then you'll need to purchase 8.0. Going from 7.3 to 7.4 (or 7.4.2) is not free, it's a paid upgrade. If you're not the original hardware owner, IE purchased this used or on ebay with no hardware reg card then you need to buy the 8.0 upgrade

Old 12-29-2008, 12:13 PM

Premo, thank you for your response.

I originally had received an email that offered the upgrade for $49, and that is what I am trying to purchase. However, when I click on the link, the digistore states that it is no longer available. I want to know what I need to do to upgrade from 7.3 to 7.4 to make it work with Leopard without having to pay the extra $100, which to mee seems very unfair from Digidesign to force that as the only option.

What do you suggest?
Old 12-29-2008, 01:09 PM

I think you missed the boat on that one.

You might try asking Digi dealers if they have any old PT 7.4 software upgrade boxes they are trying to get rid of.

I'd start by emailing Dutchmuzik, a well known and trusted Digi seller.
http://myworld.ebay.com/dutchmuzik/

But if dealers or users don't have them then you might be SOL, sorry.

You could also email Digi at www.Digidesign.com/tsr and ask there and it'll forward to Customer Service if you choose that on the drop down menu at the bottom. But I'm pretty certain the PT8 upgrade is all they'll offer you at this point. Most people are excited and willing to pay for PT8 so your request, although understandable, is a bit unusual.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:40 PM

Premo,

Thank you for your attentiveness and being genuinley interested in helping. I emailed both Digi and the eBay guy. I will wait and see. It just blows me away how such an update can just disappear!
Old 12-29-2008, 10:27 PM

Yesterday Iupgded my G5 running OSX from 10.4 with PT 7.3HD to OSX10.5.5 and tody I purchased PT8 via Download.

I stopped the download so I could grab a couple of plugs now and start again later but I can't get back into the download pages.

This is good because I have a three day session on Saturday, and 7.3 won't work on leopard.

I was a Cakewalk Sonar user with MOTU gear in my studio - integration and customer support were the reasons I swapped to PT.

Now I can't get a customer service to get back to me because there on "Holidays".

Thats what you get for $25,000 setup and $250 upgrade (prob $360 cause I couldn't find anbody who could tell me if the prices were AU or US - I reckon US even though the region is Australia!!)
Old 12-29-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Nix View Post
Yesterday Iupgded my G5 running OSX from 10.4 with PT 7.3HD to OSX10.5.5 and tody I purchased PT8 via Download.

I stopped the download so I could grab a couple of plugs now and start again later but I can't get back into the download pages.

This is good because I have a three day session on Saturday, and 7.3 won't work on leopard.

I was a Cakewalk Sonar user with MOTU gear in my studio - integration and customer support were the reasons I swapped to PT.

Now I can't get a customer service to get back to me because there on "Holidays".

Thats what you get for $25,000 setup and $250 upgrade (prob $360 cause I couldn't find anbody who could tell me if the prices were AU or US - I reckon US even though the region is Australia!!)
Wow... that does suck... even more than my situation. Just pityful that such a "what we think is large" corporation has these ridiculous situations that are so embarrassing.

Makes me want to jump on Cubase or Sonar immediately.... sad sad sad...
Old 12-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Avid

Quote:
Sign into your MyDigi account and you should see the links to your downloads.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Avid

Quote:
I originally had received an email that offered the upgrade for $49, and that is what I am trying to purchase. However, when I click on the link, the digistore states that it is no longer available
Most discounted offers are time-limited, for future reference.

I'm trying to see if there's anything we can do for you on this one...stay tuned...
Old 12-30-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premo View Post
They've been closed since the holiday, just as most businesses have.
When you call, doesn't the automated message say this?