Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2008, 02:08 AM

Default pops, clicks, freezes, crashes

Just a note to anyone who may be experiencing any of these problems. I'm running 7.3.1 on a Macbook c2d 2.0ghz 2gig ram running 10.4.9. I was having clicks and pops with my Lightbridge being attached after an external drive in a daisy chain. I switched the drive over to a usb port and had the Lightbridge connected directly to the Macbook. All drivers are current, but this set-up left programs hanging, crashing and I would eventually lose all sound and have to reset the Lightbridge to get any sound. This would also cause my airport to lose connection to my ADSL. Only a reboot would fix this. I have switched it back to being daisy-chained after the drive and all seems well so far. My guess is the firewire port was underpowering the Lightbridge.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:52 AM

Default Re: pops, clicks, freezes, crashes

I have a similar setup with a macbook pro, fw 410, and an external drive. Right now I have the 410 on the MbP fw port and the external drive on a siig expresscard and all is stable.

Part of the problem could be one of the latest airport updates, if you chose to install it like I did.....DOH! I don't remember which one it was, but there was a thread on here that linked to apple support forums that described how to download the older update and replace a certain file. Fixed all crackles and pops that I was experiencing. Or you could try turning off airport and seeing if that fixes it.

J
Old 07-05-2008, 07:54 PM

Default Re: pops, clicks, freezes, crashes

thanks I'll search for that thread.