Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2006, 08:33 AM

Default Re: reverb/delay plug ins

Quote:
Waves Ren 2 tap/6 tap Delay is a good workhorse.

You can pick up the Waves Musicians bundle 2 that contains this and other good plugs for about £100. Bargain.
Know what you are getting into if you buy Waves: LIFE'S TO SHORT FOR WUP!!! [sorry, had to]

Example 1: The WUP Clock starts ticking the day you register your bundle and never stops.
Example 2: Waves requires ilok but does not support the features of ilok.com
You get my drift

Okay, back to the discussion...
Buy an outboard that fits your budget. I love my Lexicons for the final mix. Excellent reverbs, delays, and no CPU hogging
Also, the Digirack delay is a very sweet tool. Very transparent and can be built into the same affect as the Waves Supertap if you have a few extra aux tracks to dedicate to them. You can even mimic a realtime ping-pong delay
Old 01-27-2006, 08:34 AM

HI

seceond the above,

stay AWAY from waves if you don´t make money with your music!

regs
Old 01-27-2006, 08:42 AM

Quote:
...You can even mimic a realtime ping-pong delay
Screenshot of realtime RTAS Ping-Pong Delay with DigiDelay. Just follow the signal flow.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:09 AM

i absolutly love Audio Damage "Dubstation" delay--it's a VST, so you'll need an inexpensive VST/RTAS wrapper such as made by FXpansion--for the RTAS/AS side of things, i've been pleased with the results of Nomad Factory's Blue Tubes--

http://www.audiodamage.com/product_i...&products_id=9
http://www.nomadfactory.com/products...bes/index.html
http://www.fxpansion.com/product-rtasadapter-main.php
Old 01-27-2006, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Waves Ren 2 tap/6 tap Delay is a good workhorse.

You can pick up the Waves Musicians bundle 2 that contains this and other good plugs for about £100. Bargain.
Know what you are getting into if you buy Waves: LIFE'S TO SHORT FOR WUP!!! [sorry, had to]

Example 1: The WUP Clock starts ticking the day you register your bundle and never stops.
Example 2: Waves requires ilok but does not support the features of ilok.com
You get my drift

1. Never had to upgrade my waves plugs and they all work fine in pt 7.
2. Never had to use an Ilok with my Waves plugs.

Not that i agree with their upgrade plans though you understand! All im saying is for £100 you can get an amazing delay, compressor and eq. Even if you do have to pay for an upgrade eventually....its very cheap.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:32 AM

Quote:
...Even if you do have to pay for an upgrade eventually....its very cheap.
Check your current WUP price on in your Waves account. My 6 month out-of date WUP for IR-1 and Platinum Native is almost $400-. That's twice what I've payed in 4 years for all my other upgrades I've received including PT. ...and believe me, I got a whole lot more for my money than Waves has ever offered me.

Let's hope that hard drive you have your bundle authorized to never takes a dive.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:03 AM

Very Cool. Thanks for the screen shot.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Buy an outboard that fits your budget. I love my Lexicons for the final mix. Excellent reverbs, delays, and no CPU hogging
Also, the Digirack delay is a very sweet tool. Very transparent and can be built into the same affect as the Waves Supertap if you have a few extra aux tracks to dedicate to them. You can even mimic a realtime ping-pong delay

D-verb is not all that bad...........but I did end up doing exactly what Ducky has done and purchased a used Lexicon MPX-500. I have it routed into pro tools via spdif.
Unfortunately I'm not even using that unit for the verbs anymore as it has a pretty decent harmonizer preset.
I have the waves Gold bundle and the verbs are fine in that also.The IR verb is really good! I usually end up using the digirack delays.

and off topic........how the heck do you guys do those screen shots?!

Cheers.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:44 AM

Quote:

and off topic........how the heck do you guys do those screen shots?!

In Tiger there's a little program in Applications>Utilities called "Grab"
Old 01-28-2006, 09:52 AM

I didn't think my WUP charges were that bad. 2 1/2 Years of anything they improve or add to the Platinum bundle for around $300. That's about $120/year for the entire Platinum bundle ($1600). For instance, now I'll get their IR-1 LE for free because they just added it to the Platinum bundle. At about 7.5%/year based on the cost of the software, it is below the computer industry average for a "software maintenance package".

If you DON'T keep your WUP up-to-date, it will cost you all the "back-end" catch-up costs to bring it current. That part's questionable as it's not done anywhere else in the industry that I know of.

Regardless of the Waves controversy, I have Altiverb 5. I started with v4 and stopped looking for a new hardware reverb once I began using it. With both natural and sampled sounds (including spring reverb), it's very versatile. It's a bit CPU heavy on the low latency setting, but for reverb, there's not much that sounds better - at any price.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.