Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 09-02-2010, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Tablet PC or iPAD

I started ghosting my sc48 with a hp tablet with stylus. It worked but it was slow. The stylus is obviously better at adjustments but you have to keep the same screen ratio on a tablet.

I moved on to mac laptop running chicken of the vnc. It worked much better , even with the trackpad. But I ran hardwire Ethernet.

Been on iPad for almost 2 weeks now with iteleport and have successfully mixed 6 bands' souncheck and performance at the troubadour. They have all been openers . I cant get comfy yet to start a line check on the iPad.

It runs awesome ! And the ability to keep it zoomed in and roam is great. Haven't tried the stylus but I imagine it will be more work. How can you hold the iPad, pinch and zoom, and use the stylus without putting the stylus down.

See how easy it is on YouTube...iPad sc48 troubadour
Old 09-02-2010, 02:30 PM

Very nice! In the Youtube video, are you wireless? If so, what speed? I ended up with a re-purposed G wap. IT said it was plenty fast, but I've never gotten results that smooth wireless or wired. I will admit, I haven't gotten iTeleport yet.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:08 AM

Imho ipad is better this time than a tablet pc. It is lighter, and already quite precise with simple touch, you can get a pogo stylus, than it's even more precise.

The comment about sleeping and disconnecting is not true. Of course you can adjust it to not go to sleep. The added bonus is that you have much more battery life, than with any tablets.
I have used it with d-show profile, and it really a fun to operate it remotely.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:45 PM

I just picked up the POGO Stylus today and tomorrow will put it through it's paces. I will report back on that brand. I heard there is another stylus which is "smaller in diameter and firmer". I'll see how this one does first.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:29 AM

The Pogo works better than I expected, as far as my fat fingers go, but I don't have another stylus to compare it too.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:43 AM

The Pogo works better than I expected, as far as my fat fingers go, but I don't have another stylus to compare it too.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:16 AM

Question: when I am mixing venues that do not have a wireless or wired internet connection, what are my options for wireless connectivity to the VENUE? Can I tap into my router with my IPad and still use a VNC without internet? Any ideas? Thanks!!
Old 09-13-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelight View Post
Question: when I am mixing venues that do not have a wireless or wired internet connection, what are my options for wireless connectivity to the VENUE? Can I tap into my router with my IPad and still use a VNC without internet? Any ideas? Thanks!!
You don't need internet. You just need a network.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 09-13-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
You don't need internet. You just need a network.
Right, but as I understand it, I have to first have my laptop connected to the VENUE wirelessly, then how am I able to remote control my laptop, that is talking with my VENUE software, with my Ipad without internet? Does this make since? I want to leave my laptop at FOH connected to the VENUE, and walk around remote controlling my laptop with my ipad, without internet? Can I do this?
Old 09-13-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelight View Post
Right, but as I understand it, I have to first have my laptop connected to the VENUE wirelessly, then how am I able to remote control my laptop, that is talking with my VENUE software, with my Ipad without internet?
You just said it.

Wirelessly.

All you need is a wireless router. As long as you have a wireless network created, it doesn't matter if you have internet or not. Don't confuse wireless internet with a wireless network.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515