Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2022, 03:48 AM

Default Re: Alternative to streambox?

We use hardware solutions from Quicklink for this purpose: https://www.quicklink.tv
Working mostly fine, probably overkill for most appications though.

If you want to connect multiple studios via a campus SDI router to a streaming solution this is great though.

We use it to record VO sync to picture as our primary solution as well these days.
Old 04-10-2022, 01:48 PM

I’ve used both ClearView and Evercast for two different shows. One for Netflix and the other on Apple TV. Both served my needs as well as the clients.

If I had to choose, I would pick ClearView due to the simplicity. Evercast is a bit more involved to setup and get going. With ClearView, sync is normally not an issue and just works. With Evercast, I have a checklist I make sure I go over before reviewing with clients.

All that being said, it really depends on what the client is willing to pay for. Out of 5 shows I work on, only one were willing to shell out money for ClearView.
Old 04-13-2022, 10:31 AM

A word of warning about Clearview (ClearView Flex at least), the rack unit must be placed in a machine room or isoBox. The fan noise is the loudest I've ever experienced and is pretty much unusable in the same room you mix in. It sounds like someone is vacuuming nearby.
Old 04-13-2022, 12:04 PM

You are absolutely correct. I have it in my machine room with all my other equipment. Since I keep all my equipment in a room away from my mix stage it's not a problem. You can remote it and put extension cables on it . The Dolby RMU is actually louder
IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0401937/
Like everything in life, there are no guarantees just opportunities.