Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2012, 06:48 AM

Question Differences between MC Control V1 and V2- anybody used both?

Hi what is the REAL difference between MC Control V1 vs V2 ?

there is a better screen resolution?? any LCD angle adjustment?

I am asking because I am using the MC Control V1 of a friend to test the unit and for my vision the fonts at the rotary knobs are so tiny and also kind of blurry and the angle vision also kills me.... also seems that the LCD do not respond well to the colors u set using the Eucon software.

I am as well in PT HD 8..... so I am using HUI.

Reuven Amiel
Mixer/Producer.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:04 AM

Default Re: Differences between MC Control V1 and V2- anybody used both?

The biggest difference between the two is the screen. The V1 was florescent backlit and the V2 is LED. Better viewing angle, better colour saturation. You can still only adjust the brightness in the EuControl software, so there isn't an "angle" adjustment. It is a much better screen.

The other thing that is different is the knobs. The knobs on the V2 are smoother to turn. IT's not night and day, but if you put a V1 and V2 next to each other, you would notice the difference.

And if you seriously want to test it out with Pro Tools, you will have to move beyond HUI...

Have fun!
D