Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 11-08-2013, 06:35 AM

Default Reali-Banjo - Virtual Instrument - Kontact Player

really nice sounds design and patter player.........

Plays via Kontak so AAX compatable already.

$29.......pesos my friends. Who doesn't need a realistic banjo vi in there arsenal?

Find it here http://realitone.com/realibanjo

D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:54 AM

Default Re: Reali-Banjo - Virtual Instrument - Kontact Player

Can't beat the price. And I don't think I even have a sampled banjo. Now I just need a western to score

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 11-08-2013, 08:31 AM

I know huh - but the pattern player convinced me - besides being a million times earlier than trying to learn that triplet roll myself :)

I don't have a use for it yet - but I do live in Texas so who knows what it will turn up on

Old 11-08-2013, 08:37 AM

LOL

Now I can finally send off a few song ideas to Nashville's finest

Seriously though It does sound pretty sweet and "real" .. And 29 bucks .. Can't beat that even with hiring a real banjo player for an hour

It is just a bit tacky looking and I get a "Garage band" vibe drom the GUI with the hillbilly and a Dawg but WTH! It sounds nice hehe

Thanks for the post
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-09-2013, 07:30 AM

Thanks for the link. I'm sure I'll snag it soon. I've got a parody song that's just hankerin' for some banjo that I couldn't provide on my own.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:11 AM

Yeah I know - even if I use it once it has paid for itself

GUI is όber corny (yep ie GarageBand) but the sounds sound so realistic

I couldn't pass it up

Old 11-11-2013, 01:42 PM

The graphics are tacky? Uber corny??? Garage Band?!?!? Well, I have never been so offended in my life!

Graphics is a topic I've been struggling with lately. We have a vocal library (Realivox) with a cartoon graphic which we're changing because so many users don't like it. Seems I'm in the minority in liking the graphics there, but given that it's a fairly expensive library and intended for professional purposes, I suppose classier graphics is the smart move. But damn, I'm gonna miss the redhead.

I figured the banjo was more of a quirky sort of thing, though. My thinking was nobody really needs banjo, so the only way to get people to buy it would be to make it a gimmicky instrument with a pattern player ("Banjo for Dummies" if you will) and keep it priced low enough that it was worth buying just for the fun factor.

Turns out more people have a need for banjo than I originally thought, though. I think the quirky animated GUI made me sales because of the fun factor (I've sold a whole bunch of these suckers) and it has gotten a lot of attention for that reason. But now I wonder if the graphics may also be losing me sales in that some people may think it's a toy and not a legitimate sample set. It's tough to guess which way to go.

I'll be the first to admit the graphics are a bit corny (I take no offense at all about that, by the way.) But do you guys think it actually loses sales because of it? Or is there anyone here who think it gains sales?

Like I said, graphics is a topic we've been trying to get a grip on, so any input would be appreciated.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Greene View Post
The graphics are tacky? Uber corny??? Garage Band?!?!? Well, I have never been so offended in my life!

Snip ...

I'll be the first to admit the graphics are a bit corny (I take no offense at all about that, by the way.) But do you guys think it actually loses sales because of it? Or is there anyone here who think it gains sales?

Snip ...

Like I said, graphics is a topic we've been trying to get a grip on, so any input would be appreciated.
Hi Mike

Thanks a lot for coming on here and interact with your customers

Sorry if we are a bit harsh in our way of describing GUI's and features sometimes but that's how we roll

In all honesty I am not sure I would have given it a second look if it hadn't been
for this thread. When Imfirst saw the GUI I thought it was a gimmick and something to use "for fun" but after listening to the sample quality and realising that this is legit I bought a copy right away. However if I had a say in this I really do think that more Pro users would buy if it looked a bit classier. Other libraries and instruments for Kontakt5 have a cleaner more expensive look and more often than not I choose instruments on how they make me feel when I work and interact with them. Had this looked more in the lines of scarbee and EW for example I would think more people would jump on it and sincemit sounds so good I would make the GUI look as good as the library sounds JMHO

I was VERY IMPRESSED with how good this library actually is and will definately recommend it to other studios and producers here in Europe for sure.

PS. If you do redo the GUI make sure it looks fancie. I like the Acoustic Lite Look of the GUI wayyy more than this.
I really do believe more studios and producers will take it seriously. There aren't any (what we know of) other Banjo libraries out there with this sound and under 99 dollars so you have a great oportunity here I would think

Again Big Up's for coming here and talking to us

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-11-2013, 02:26 PM

I think the graphics fit the instrument in a funny way. I'm not a professional, so I can't give you that perspective. I am an amateur who thinks the graphics fit the product well and am under the impression that if I buy the product, which will happen soon, that I will get banjo tones that sound like they would be approved by the banjo loving hill dwellers of Appalachia.

And all their kin. :)
Old 11-11-2013, 05:10 PM

Mike -

Yep graphics don't hurt once you hear the samples - little shine and a little sparkle wouldn't hurt - but I purchased b/c it sounds so realistic (and I can't play the banjo)

Peace