Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-17-2012, 08:24 PM

Exclamation Mbox Pro 3 not getting recognized, HELP!!

I have had my Mbox Pro 3 for 13 months now, and of course it stops working right after my warranty ends. Everything has been working fine for the past year. The other day I decided to rearrange my room. Before hand I was working in pro tools and everything was fine. I rearranged my room, put it back together and now my Mbox wont get recognized.

I've tried plugging my Mbox into three different computers, I've tried two different firewire cables, and I tried my brothers Mbox 2 in my computer and it worked fine. I have also reinstalled pro tools, and nothing. The Mbox (the actual unit) appears to be working fine. All of the lights light up, I can plug things into the pres and get levels, I can switch speakers, etc. All of this leads me to believe something has happened to the firewire ports on the Mbox.

If anyone has ANY insight I would greatly appreciate it. PLEASE HELP ME!!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Mbox Pro 3 not getting recognized, HELP!!

I had trouble getting my 002r to be seen by PT. I had upgraded from 7.3 to 10.

Anyhoo, everything was groovy, and then all of the sudden, PT would not see my 002r.

The solution turned out to be holding down the "N" key while launching Pro Tools. This initiated a process where PT let me pick my interface.

Maybe this will help you. Let us know the details of your rig, your computer, your OS, and maybe we can help--

PC