Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2008, 12:57 AM

Default Grabber tool wont respond on Slip Mode

Hi,

The grabber tool or the trim tool won't work on Slip mode just on Grid mode, does anyone have an idea what could it be?
I am running a 7.3.1. cs6 Version

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2008, 03:22 AM

Default Re: Grabber tool wont respond on Slip Mode

Maybe I didn't explain myself right.

Two days ago it was working fine, yesterday the grabber tool and the trim tool failed to respond
to my mouse. I can make it work using the f6 & f8 keys, but not with my mouse alone the odd thing is that grabber and trimmer respond to my mouse just on grid mode...
is there a way i deactivated on slip mode?

Many thnaks in advance.

Efren.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:00 AM

Not totally sure I'm following you, but it kinda sounds like you're used to the Smart Tool feature being on (press any two of F6-87 together). Or do you mean that when you click the tool icons with the mouse, it doesn't change the tool? Exactly how do the tools fail to respond? Does the cursor not change to the right tool shape, or does the tool not cause the audio to move, or...?

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 12-07-2008, 10:48 AM

Hey David,

This is the situation:

When working on Slip mode, I click on any of the tools icons and it does changes the tool to the one I am going to work with (If I click on the Grabber the cursor changes to the hand, if I click on the Trimmer changes to "[" or "]" depends of the position of the cursor over the region) until here everything seems to be normal.
The problem is (Let's say I have already selected the Grabber tool) I select the region with the hand (one click over the region and it selects it by changing the color) then I press click again and hold to move it and It won't move! same with the Trimmer it just won't trim (The track is on waveform view).
This happens only on Slip mode , neither the smart tool or the "individual' tools respond.
I really don't don't if I accidentally clicked a combination of keys disabling something or this is a nasty bug...

I am working on a Factory 003 running PT 7.3.1. cs6.

Thanks for following this up!

Efrén.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:49 PM

Hi again,

I was able to make it work. I just went to my back up session files and found one that it was working. I also checked other sessions I have and all seems to be working OK.
I wonder if it was a corrupted .ptf file...

I would like to know how a session can get corrupted?

I don't use the computer for internet, I don't use USB memory drives. I am pretty sure my computer is 100% safe of viruses, this was a malfunction within PRO TOOLS, no doubt.

Is there anyone from Tech Support willing to answer this?

Thanks.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S133 View Post
Hi again,

I was able to make it work. I just went to my back up session files and found one that it was working. I also checked other sessions I have and all seems to be working OK.
I wonder if it was a corrupted .ptf file...

I would like to know how a session can get corrupted?

I don't use the computer for internet, I don't use USB memory drives. I am pretty sure my computer is 100% safe of viruses, this was a malfunction within PRO TOOLS, no doubt.

Is there anyone from Tech Support willing to answer this?

Thanks.

Possibly you wern't in wav edit mode, you can not edit if you are in mute, volume, etc...
Old 12-07-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rqstudio View Post
Possibly you wern't in wav edit mode, you can not edit if you are in mute, volume, etc...
I was on waveform view. That was the first thing I checked. I was working with 8 tracks all of them on wav edit mode.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:55 AM

Yeah, it might have been a corrupt session file. It's possible for any file on any computer to get corrupted at any time. It's rare, but it does happen from time to time, and the more a file gets used, the more likely it is to happen to it. It can be caused by a tiny bad spot on the disc, a temporary instability of the system, a poor connection somewhere, a bug in the OS, a bug in the program, and probably any of a number of other things. To paraphrase Murphy, if something can go wrong, it probably will sooner or later.

It will probably never happen to you again, but if it does, we'll have to take a close look at your system specs and do some detailed troubleshooting.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 12-08-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeron80 View Post
Yeah, it might have been a corrupt session file. It's possible for any file on any computer to get corrupted at any time. It's rare, but it does happen from time to time, and the more a file gets used, the more likely it is to happen to it. It can be caused by a tiny bad spot on the disc, a temporary instability of the system, a poor connection somewhere, a bug in the OS, a bug in the program, and probably any of a number of other things. To paraphrase Murphy, if something can go wrong, it probably will sooner or later.

It will probably never happen to you again, but if it does, we'll have to take a close look at your system specs and do some detailed troubleshooting.
Cheers! Many thanks!