Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2008, 09:52 PM

Default AES in general

Just some information that I thought I would share. I saw three software exhibits that just blew me away. First, being a Serato Pitch user, I went home and immediately upgraded (free) to 2.4 as it has some great new features and to me, still sound the best when it comes to time compression and expansion.

Second is a hat's off to Steve Massey. He had a small booth and was demoing all of his plug-ins that people are raving about. They are fabulous and you can download demo versions of most plug-ins for free and they don't have a time limit. You just don't get any presets and there are no bypasses on some of them. The L2007, and the CB4 along with the tape head all sound great. He's also got a distortion plug-in that looked interesting, modeled after the rat. I used the L2007 in conjunction with Master-X and it worked quite well. I think Izoptope is probably the "one" for people who are willing to shell out a couple of hundred bucks but this is free and it works great. Hat's off Steve!

Third was a total blow out for sample library lovers. Chris Stone's company "Audio Impressions" makes a PC based midi driven sample library that is so impressive that I was left sppechless. He did a demo for me of all orchestral stuff and the nuances that he captured, along with the GUI he designed himself was beyond words. I don't have enough energy in me tonight to tell you of all the fantastic sounds, feature, and ease of use that his orchestral stuff sounded, but it was as real as anything I've ever heard, times 10. He is truly a genius. You'd have to experience it to believe it. I was truly dumbfounded, and I am not impressed that easy.

At any rate, that's my report on some of the software that I saw.

P.S. Pro Tools new midi and it's eleven plug-in ROCKS!