Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 05-14-2022, 10:32 AM

Default Avid Complete Plugin Bundle...renewal?

I have Pro Tools Ultimate vers. 2021.3 with a perpetual license.
as of the 1 year date of activation, the Avid Complete plugin bundle, that came with Pro Tools, is asking for reauthorization and reactivation.
I opened ILok Manager, reactivated/refreshed the 26 licenses, and still nothing.
I even trashed Pro Tools preferences, then reopened Pro Tools, which rescanned all the plugins, and still nothing.
The searches I have done so far assure me that those plugins are part of the perpetual license and shouldn't have to be
renewed.
Can anyone help me with this issue?
Old 05-14-2022, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Avid Complete Plugin Bundle...renewal?

The Complete Plugin Bundle is only ever a subscription. It was part of your support/renewal plan for your perpetual Pro Tools license. The Complete Plugin bundle has never itself been perpetual, there literally is not a perpetual license you can buy for that bundle... When your support/renewal plan lapses the bundle license goes away. You can purchase a separate subscription to that bundle for $49/year. Not a bad deal.

This has always been stated in the Avid store, it's *very* clearly stated in the store now, and has been discussed a lot on DUC so I'm not sure how you can search for and find anything telling you otherwise.

You are aware of the possible long term risk of letting you Ultimate support plan/update expire? That you may not be able to purchase an update in future? At a minimum I'd buy a reinstatement from a licensed reseller that would let you renew this in future.
Old 05-14-2022, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
The Complete Plugin Bundle is only ever a subscription. It was part of your support/renewal plan for your perpetual Pro Tools license. The Complete Plugin bundle has never itself been perpetual, there literally is not a perpetual license you can buy for that bundle... When your support/renewal plan lapses the bundle license goes away. You can purchase a separate subscription to that bundle for $49/year. Not a bad deal.

This has always been stated in the Avid store, it's *very* clearly stated in the store now, and has been discussed a lot on DUC so I'm not sure how you can search for and find anything telling you otherwise.

You are aware of the possible long term risk of letting you Ultimate support plan/update expire? That you may not be able to purchase an update in future? At a minimum I'd buy a reinstatement from a licensed reseller that would let you renew this in future.
If I remember well, some time ago Avid scrapped re-instatements, even though they were sometimes available from resellers. Hopefully re-instatements will continue, but what if Avid decides to finally stop them? It's obvious that their ideal model would be only subscriptions... BTW, aren't the plugins in the complete bundle available for sale? I believe that would then make the ownership perpetual? Maybe unupgradable...
Old 05-14-2022, 02:03 PM

Thanks guys.
I was clearly mistaken.
The person I was asking, thought I was talking about the plugs that come free with the PT software, not the Complete Plugin Bundle.
I have renewed, and am all good for another year.
Thanks again for information.
Old 05-14-2022, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbrunn View Post
BTW, aren't the plugins in the complete bundle available for sale? I believe that would then make the ownership perpetual? Maybe unupgradable...
Yes you can buy individual plugins from the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle, if you want them all you'll be spending thousands of dollars. But you still can't actually buy a Avid Complete Plugin Bundle that is perpetual.

And it seems like Avid ain't too keen on, or at least ain't too careful about, selling individual plugins anyhow, many seem to have disappeared from the Avid store, may still be available at resellers. Kinda makes sense, I'd be focusing on the complete plugin bundle subscription as well.