Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 07-05-2006, 05:51 PM

Default Can you transfer an autotune ilok licence?

Hi,

Just a simple question who need a quick answer! If i buy an ilok licence on ebay, will i be able to upgrade the plugin and register it at my name (future updates, etc...) I serched the anteres web site but did not find any info on ownership transfer.

Thank you for your help!

Luc
Old 07-05-2006, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Can you transfer an autotune ilok licence?

I believe the only way you will be able to upgrade is if you are the registered user of the asset.
The eBay seller would have to transfer the asset off of his/her account to yours, even though you have the iLok with the authorization on it. I would contact the seller and ask if that is possible and contact Antares and tell them the story too.
Good luck.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Can you transfer an autotune ilok licence?

Hi Rob,

Thank you verry much for your help. I've been outbid but i will know the answer for the next time! I've send an email to antares yesterday but did not get an answer yet. I think you cant transfer waves assets and i tough i heard something similar about autotune but i wasn't sure. Thanks again!
Luc