Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2002, 05:54 PM

Default DC 30 issues - OS and drivers? VVTR?

Hey folks!

Anyone out there using a Pinnacle Miro Motion DC30 card? not the plus model? Im wondering what OS and miro drivers you are using?

In particular Im trying to get it to work with VVTR. Any tips on VVTR and a DC30 would be helpful...details below.

Im furiously trying to get Gallery's "Virtual VTR" software to work on my old G3 300 beige desktop with my old Miro motion DC30 card. Ive rolled it back to OS 8.6 with the miro 1.1.1 drivers and VVTR has all sorts of on screen rendering issues with the shortcut frames and bin window.
Premiere works fine, and quicktime frames in PT are fine as well, but VVTR is not playing fine - actually it plays out to the external video ok, just the on screen shortcuts arent rendered.

Realistically, Ill be using PT as master to this device so Ill be using the memory locates in PT, not VVTR, and as long as the external rendering is good, which it is, Ill be ok with it, but Id like to see this AUS$1500 software working the way it is shown on the website!

Hoping someone out there can give me some pointers on VVTR versions, OS and drivers for this combination.

Kind Regards,

Brent Heber
Mountainsound
Sydney Australia
www.mountainsound.com.au
[email protected]
Old 06-07-2002, 02:05 AM

Default Re: DC 30 issues - OS and drivers? VVTR?

I don't know if I understand right or not (sheesh, I seem to be start replys with "disclaimers" often).

Anyhow, I don't use VVTR, I've got a miromotion DC20 and it's options for playback are external or on the computer monitor (won't do both).

I always output to the video monitor (via the SVHS connector) and the movie window in quicktime says "miromotion DC20 external playback" - or something like that.

Have you got the "control panel strip" installed - I use that for swapping the output options.