Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 02:31 PM

Default midi track cutting out

can anybody help me with my pro tools sessions.

i use alot of midi in pro tools, drums mainly and some synth sounds. however during playback, the midi track is cutting out and no audio will play through my headphones. i have just installed more ram into my computer, it is supposed to be compatible with my computer but i am wondering whether this could be the problem??

my computer is an amd 64 dual core, windows sp2 xp home, 3gb ram,

can anybody help?
Old 09-16-2007, 10:06 AM

Default Re: midi track cutting out

First, I would try replacing the original RAM you had if that is possible. I'm guessing that the problem did not start until you replaced the RAM?

Another option would be to intall this download.. http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;896256

It is a hotfix from Microsoft for Windows XP with SP2 and multicore processors. I just built a quad core computer and had issues with MIDI myself. My BFD track would "skip" some MIDI notes and the timeline would not run through the track smoothly, it would hesitate at times and then "catch up" with where the song was. I was pretty concerned since this was a brand new build. After doing some research on this site, I found out about the hotfix download. I intalled it, rebooted, and now everything runs great. That's all I have for suggestions. Good luck. Ron
Old 09-17-2007, 02:08 AM

Default Re: midi track cutting out

Quote:

Another option would be to intall this download.. http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;896256

It is a hotfix from Microsoft for Windows XP with SP2 and multicore processors....

If your dual core processor is an AMD, you should apply the AMD Dual Core Optimizer:

AMD Dual Core Optimizer.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit