Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2000, 04:06 PM

Default Help me w/ my frustrations

Ok here is the problem...

I have a Mac G4 400mhz sawtooth...just got my Digi001... hooked it up no problems... Installed protools, no problem... installed OMS, no problems... but when I go in to change my studio set up, it doesnt recognize my MIDI interface... I have a MOTU Express XT - USB... and I cant afford to give it up... I have too much MIDI gear to use with just the 001... Im sure there is something I am doing wrong or not doing at all... someone help

By the way, I was using FreeMidi before I got the 001... and FreeMIDI recognized my USB interface no problem... I went to Opcodes site and they said to place a file called "OMS USB" in the extensions folder... did that... rebooted... still no good... infact worse... OMS kept giving me an error saying that it couldnt run 2 of the same application...

The 001 works fine.. ive been toying around with the demo song and I must say Im very pleased with the mixing/editing... now if I can just get the whole MIDI thing straight I think Im on the way to bliss

If all else fails... I will just back up the few things Ive put on my Hard Drive and just re-init my HD, re-install the system software, and just start over... ofcourse I would prefer not to do that... so, someone help me out

Cryptic - AF
Old 01-21-2000, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Help me w/ my frustrations

your problem is oms has to see free midi. in free midi set up select use oms when availiable. the oms usb ext has nothing to do with your interface turn that ext off when you set free midi to oms run oms set up again and it will see your interface via free midi save config and your on your way.
Old 01-21-2000, 07:48 PM
Avid

Good advice Billy,

If that does not do it, you may need to reinstall freemidi again. I know that sounds crazy but freemidi installs a driver into the OMS folder which allows OMS to recognize a MOTU interface.

B Carter
Digidesign

Old 01-22-2000, 07:16 PM

Thanks for the advice Billy T... but I tried that and it didnt work =(

BUT... since my computer is relatively new... and I didnt do too many installs on it, I just re-installed OS 9 and re-installed everything over... now its working fine... and Im pretty damn happy with the 001 so far... latency is an issue... but I havent yet messed with the buffer settings...

Thanks Again

Cryptic