Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-14-2002, 10:47 PM

Default Really Stupid Question

I'm afraid to ask this. But here goes anyway: I'm interested in getting a Digi 001 Factory Bundle to record audio. But could I also plug a record player or tape player (I have the cables and a phono preamp)into the interface so I could record records and tapes and make them cd's? I would like to do both instrument and prerecorded audio mixing and would prefer not to have to buy two interfaces to convert the audio. Would I also have to buy a soundcard like a m-audio delta?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-14-2002, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Really Stupid Question

You can easily record in to protools from those sources, the 001 comes with soundcard & in/out box. But you will need some other software to actually make cds, like toast or masterlist.
Old 02-15-2002, 12:52 AM

iTunes is software bundled with recent Macs which can burn basic audio CDs - it's what I am using for one-off disks for rough mixes. So easy to use it's pitiful.

For old LPs etc. an advantage of iTunes is the easy organisation of songs in a database, grouped by playlist (=LP)

- Sean
Old 02-15-2002, 01:45 AM

Why are we people so interested when reading "stupid question" ??? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I think I have to check every time to see if some DUC members think they are dumber than my stupid self [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Thermostudio powered by :
G4 DP 2x500 Mhz / Digi 001
[working on 1st self-prod. LP]
--------------------------------------------
Old 02-15-2002, 02:07 AM
Administrator

I'm drawn to them because if the question is stupid enough, I might actually know the answer. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2002, 06:27 AM

When you connect your record-player there are some issues....you have to convert the audio using a riaa-converter. I think with some eq-ing in ptle you will get some of the work done, but it may be simpler just to hook up the record-player to your amplifier and connect the tape-out from your amp to the digi001. Or buy a seperate riaa-converter (i think something like 30$...)

Bastiaan