Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-09-2002, 07:43 PM

Default Audio Files format swapping?

Hi:
I'm working on an interesting project in PT. It was originally recorded in Cubase for PC. We are connecting a PC and our Mac in a network, copying the original audio files in WAV format, opening gthem in PT and mixing in my favorite program (PT, of course).
I was creating my original PT sessions using SDII Audio File format, and the system worked fine until I reached a complex song, so I realized I should have started creating the sessions using WAV audio format from the very beginning, as I'm doing now.
The question is:
How can I change the Audio File format of an existing session from SDII to WAV (which is the real audio format the session is using, by the way)?
THanks
Alex
[email protected]
Old 06-10-2002, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Audio Files format swapping?

Audio Ease do Barbabatch which is a fantastic batch file conversion utility if you need to do many conversions -

http://www.audioease.com/Pages/Barba...BarbaMain.html
Old 06-10-2002, 06:20 AM

Create a new session w/WAV format. Then use the File menu's "Import Tracks" command. (Check out the "audio media options".
Old 06-10-2002, 08:32 AM

Hi Alex,

You should open your existing SDII session and choose File -> "Save session copy in". In the dialog box you should choose WAV and "copy all audio files". Then you can start working on your new WAV session.
Hope it helps

Yaro