How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2021, 11:43 AM

Default Native macros function

Hello to all users of the forum.

Due to the need to find solutions and provide the possibility of incorporating new functionalities to the Pro Tools software, I have signed up to this forum. It's a pleasure

I miss a native macro function in Pro tools instead of using third-party software, which does not interact in a functional way with the system and with the software.

Currently I work with Apple> MacOS systems due to the need to use software compatible with the internal characteristics of Pro tools (Keyboard Maestro) and without the possibility of developing my work on Windows systems

The task that I develop is audio editing (in long sessions, 240min per project), with very repetitive functions of cutting and inserting time in different formats of 0.5s - 0.75s - 1s - 2.5s and 3.5s + marker + 0.5s.

With this example, I comment on the great need to use macros to develop a task that would be unfeasible to do without this workflow.

My intention is to move these functions to Windows systems, but at the moment I have been unable.
So I ask this community if they know of any solutions and the possibility of including this great functionality natively in Avid software.

Thank you all. I am attentive to your responses.
Old 05-02-2021, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Native macros function

Depending on how complicated the macros are you may be able to accomplish this using soft keys in Pro Tools | Control. I have macro buttons defined for various tasks - creating new tracks with my most-used VIs, exporting and batch renaming stems, etc. Between key commands and Eucon functions there’s quite a bit you can do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PT Ultimate, i9-9900k, 64GB RAM, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra MB, Sapphire Radeon RX580, Windows 10 Pro, Fireface UFX
Old 05-02-2021, 04:30 PM

On Windows look at AutoHotkey.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 05-03-2021, 05:48 AM

Hi There,

The short answer is no sadly, that's why all the 3rd party software solutions exist for macros, conforming, reconforming etc.

I used to use Keyboard Maestro now I use Soundflow which gives really deep integration with the PT gui to accomplish things that are impossible with Keyboard Maestro. Subscription only sadly, but worth it in my opinion.

I'm not sure if it works on Windows, never really been a PC person.
Old 05-03-2021, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
On Windows look at AutoHotkey.
some time ago I looked for information about this software, but my little experience as a programmer makes it difficult for me to develop a script that interacts with Pro tools

But it must be taken into account as a good alternative (with a previous study)
Thanks for your answer
Old 05-03-2021, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Hi There,

The short answer is no sadly, that's why all the 3rd party software solutions exist for macros, conforming, reconforming etc.

I used to use Keyboard Maestro now I use Soundflow which gives really deep integration with the PT gui to accomplish things that are impossible with Keyboard Maestro. Subscription only sadly, but worth it in my opinion.

I'm not sure if it works on Windows, never really been a PC person.
I have also studied this option, it may be interesting to try it, the only drawback is the compatibility with Windows systems and programming the macros for the tasks

I take note, thanks for the answer.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:05 AM

Pro Tools for windows is really crippled when talking about key commands and I suspect that is why soundflow and Slate's Batch commander have not been ported to windows.

Great products that can really enhance PT productivity like STREAM DECK are useless in PT under windows.

A pitty considering windows users pay as much as mac users and is not a small percentage of users.

Actually PT key commands should be customizable like most other DAWs

Last edited by Prabha; 05-04-2021 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:49 PM

I'm still waiting for simple Macros or Key Commands or EuCon commands to turn Input Quantization On and Off. Nudging the value up and down would be nice, as well.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro