Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-08-2003, 09:36 AM

Default Re: How do you cope with 1920x1200 res. on Cinema HD Display? Magnifying glass? ;-)

Get an arm extension mount for your cinema display pull it closer when you need it and push back when done, works great for editing
Old 05-08-2003, 10:26 AM

Default Re: How do you cope with 1920x1200 res. on Cinema HD Display? Magnifying glass? ;-)

Have you tried enabling screen zooming (OS X.2 only) at the System Preferences panes under Universal Access? I don't know how well this would work, but you might wanna give it a try, too. It's pretty entertaining to use anyway. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2003, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dutchmuzik:
Get an arm extension mount for your cinema display pull it closer when you need it and push back when done, works great for editing
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Got any pics of this setup?

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:06 AM

It's not a question of zooming in on waveforms or using large or extreme heights. I do it when it's needed. But I didn't buy all that resolution to see 3 or 4 tracks at a time.
The important thing is that the selector tool, for example, is VERY thin and is ALWAYS the height of a "mini" track, even if the track's height is set to "extreme". It makes it hard to locate and track its movement.
I thought the HD Cinema was supposed to be the best display for the best Tools we are all using... I guess it's time for SOMEBODY to explore the "DESIGN" part of their company's name [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] (in this particular direction, of course - I respect all the developement we have experienced over the years from Digi).
Yaro
Old 05-08-2003, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dutchmuzik:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Who makes these? I did a Google search but came up empty.

thanks,
Crow
Old 05-08-2003, 08:03 PM

I got one from ergomart, the 7500 model that holds a 23 HD display, the bracket to modify the HD display to VESA standards is sold seperately
Old 05-08-2003, 08:10 PM

Quote:
I thought the HD Cinema was supposed to be the best display for the best Tools we are all using... I guess it's time for SOMEBODY to explore the "DESIGN" part of their company's name
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">One thing that you have to keep in mind, though, is that there is a huge amount of variance in the way that different people can see. I'm no spring chicken, but I can still see my monitors very well. I get a lot of people that stop by, however, and are incredulous about the fact that I can actually work with things at that size. I guess it's something to be thankful for.

Being able to take in a lot of information with sceens set to high resolution is great, but not everybody can cope with it.

In short, I don't think Digidesign is going to be able to come out with an ideal one-size-fits-all solution.

Lee Blaske
Old 05-08-2003, 08:46 PM

Default Post deleted by Digidesign

Old 05-09-2003, 12:26 AM

Yaro, I'm with you, not only is anoying but in my case I have a Cinema 22" and a Sony 18"LCD, I can't explain how difficult it is sometimes to find the cursor. I use an extension called "red arrow" or something like that, it is great when you are on the mix window, you can really see the big red arrow but it doesn't help with the edit window... somebody please fix it...
Old 05-09-2003, 03:06 AM

Quote:
In short, I don't think Digidesign is going to be able to come out with an ideal one-size-fits-all solution.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think they WILL, and I'm pretty sure the fix is already on the way. Just like with new Macs - they might be "not supported" for a while, until they are. And I think the HD display should be on the "not supported" list at this moment...

The screen resolution of the new displays has simply "outgrown" (is this the right word?) the ProTools graphic design. I respect everybody's opinions here, but I must say that if you're saying there is no problem, then I suspect you have never spent at least a couple of hours working on a busy editing session with the 23'' HD display.

It's all a matter of ergonomics and PROPORTION. Our spoons and forks, chairs, whatever... they all come in sizes which are relative to our own dimensions. And until I got my 23'' HD, I had NEVER had a problem finding the selector tool. And now its width is 1/1920th of the screens width... Now THAT'S a REALLY tiny fork [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

C'mon, it's a MINOR fix for a MAJOR problem.

Yaro