Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-11-2009, 10:32 AM

Default Sound when recording mode is doubled.....

When I press Record enable and I am feeding my audio from my MPC into the Mbox 2, the sound sounds doubled but when I am not pressing Record enable it sounds just find. What am I doing wrong?
Old 01-11-2009, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Sound when recording mode is doubled.....

Seems like you have two feeds. In a typical set-up, you should not hear any input unless the track is record enabled.
www.voodoopilot.com
Old 01-11-2009, 12:08 PM

I have my L and R coming from the MPC to the Input 1 and Input 2 and recording audio on a stereo track. I see both signals light up when playing, but when I record enable, I still get the doubling of the audio. When Record enable is off, I can hear the sound just fine through headphones and through my monitors but when pushing the R, it sounds terrible.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:36 PM

What hardware are you using? Where is your 'mix' knob set (if you're hardware has one)?

Old 01-11-2009, 12:40 PM

Mute the track you are recording to(it will still record audio) and adjust the MIX knob for proper balance between the new sound and the existing tracks. Or use a low buffer(like 128 or 64 if you can) and turn the MIX knob all the way to Playback so you ONLY hear the sound thru protools.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-11-2009, 02:14 PM

The Mix knob was turned too high, that was the problem. It works fine now. Now the problem is when the recorded audio is bounced to disk, I am able to listen to it on my Windows Media Player, but I can not burn it to CD because it says I have no license and it can not determine the length of the file.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junekat View Post
The Mix knob was turned too high, that was the problem. It works fine now. Now the problem is when the recorded audio is bounced to disk, I am able to listen to it on my Windows Media Player, but I can not burn it to CD because it says I have no license and it can not determine the length of the file.
When you bounce to disk, what are your settings? The should be 16 bit, 44.1K Stereo Interleaved. If you record at 24 bit(highly recommended) you should use a dither plugin when you bounce to 16 bit(insert the dither plug in the last insert slot on a master track). When you bounce, you should highlight the actual time of the song(zoom out so the entire song fits on the edit screen, choose any audio track and highlight it for the entire song so when you bounce, it doesn't have lots of blank space at each end of the music).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave