Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2008, 06:08 PM

Default MBox - importing session data, missing audio!?

I have an MBox2, I am trying to import audio from a lager session (there are about 70 tracks but im only importing about 15) and when it imports, it imports everything but the actual audio files. It puts the files in the regions list but not in the track. So I loose the placement of these wav files on the tracks and loses sync. I am importing from an 88.2 session, does that have something to do with it? I don't think it shouldn't. Any help, or just yelling at me for being an idiot is appreciated heh. Thanks!

- Spike
Old 12-29-2008, 06:19 PM

Default Re: MBox - importing session data, missing audio!?

consolidate the audio tracks ,from start point to the end , then bounce them out as stems. then import audio into your new PT session.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracktensionrecords View Post
consolidate the audio tracks ,from start point to the end , then bounce them out as stems. then import audio into your new PT session.

Well the thing is I am stuck with just the MBox and I am not even able to open up the original session because its in 88.2. Otherwise I would have no problem
Old 01-07-2009, 05:41 PM

I'm having a very similar problem. My friend sent me an email with his session as an attached file. I downloaded to my desktop, and then used "import session data" and created new tracks. The session opens, all the tracks are there, but there is no audio at all.
During the import I get several messages:
(1) "original disk allocation for this session cannot be used. Check the disk allocation window to see what has changed";
(2) "your I/O setup has changed since the last time this session was saved. Check the I/O setups window to see what's changed";
(3) "Missing Files -- 33 audio files, 1 fade file, 0 video files are missing"
(4) my friend is using PT LE 7.4.2f109 and I'm running PT LE 7.3.1.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'm having a very similar problem. My friend sent me an email with his session as an attached file. I downloaded to my desktop, and then used "import session data" and created new tracks. The session opens, all the tracks are there, but there is no audio at all.
I think the sentence in bold spells out the problem - if your friend sent you ONLY the session file, then that would explain the missing audio. He would need to send you the audio files (presumably in the audio files folder on his record drive) for them to show up in Pro Tools.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike.mk View Post
I have an MBox2, I am trying to import audio from a lager session (there are about 70 tracks but im only importing about 15) and when it imports, it imports everything but the actual audio files. It puts the files in the regions list but not in the track. So I loose the placement of these wav files on the tracks and loses sync. I am importing from an 88.2 session, does that have something to do with it? I don't think it shouldn't. Any help, or just yelling at me for being an idiot is appreciated heh. Thanks!

- Spike
Can you give us more details about your system and the session? What version was it created in? Which version are you running? What sample rate is your session? Did you check the option to SRC upon import? How many tracks are currently in the session?
Old 01-08-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
I think the sentence in bold spells out the problem - if your friend sent you ONLY the session file, then that would explain the missing audio. He would need to send you the audio files (presumably in the audio files folder on his record drive) for them to show up in Pro Tools.
Exactly. I'd bet that the entire session may be too large to email anyway. Your best bet would be to have your friend convert the session to 44.1k and send the entire session directory to you on DVDs.
www.voodoopilot.com