Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 08-03-2021, 07:15 PM

Default Re: LFE - Theatrical Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret View Post
The other thing to note is if you mixed in a smaller room and not a large dub stage then most likely you thought the lfe channel was loud enough but due to the bass build up that happens in smaller rooms it doesn't equate to what you will hear in a large room.
I was fortunate enough to bring a movie I'd mixed in my room, which is well designed and calibrated, to The Dub Stage for its Dolby print a number of years ago, and if I remember correctly, Marti and company added at least 6 dB to my LFE channel for the whole film. Definitely a learning experience about how things translate to the big world. Also one of the most pleasant days of my career.
Custom i9-12900K, 64GB RAM, W10 Pro, PT Ultimate 2024.03, HD Native, OMNI, Digi 192, UAD-2 Octo; Mac Pro 12-core 3.46, 64GB RAM, Mojave, Logic Pro 10.5.1, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Quad, MOTU 2408 Mk II: MBP mid-2012, 16GB RAM, Mojave, MOTU 8-Pre-ES, Pro Tools 2021.7
Old 08-05-2021, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmccoy View Post
I was fortunate enough to bring a movie I'd mixed in my room, which is well designed and calibrated, to The Dub Stage for its Dolby print a number of years ago, and if I remember correctly, Marti and company added at least 6 dB to my LFE channel for the whole film. Definitely a learning experience about how things translate to the big world. Also one of the most pleasant days of my career.
Sean, That was a LONG time ago! It was before I upgraded my JBL Theatrical speakers at the time to my existing Meyer set up.
I do remember how impressed I was with Sean's mix! It sounded outstanding!
I gave him a few tips but otherwise it was extremely well mixed.
You are a very talented Mixer Sean!
IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0401937/
Like everything in life, there are no guarantees just opportunities.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr sound View Post
Sean, That was a LONG time ago! It was before I upgraded my JBL Theatrical speakers at the time to my existing Meyer set up.
I do remember how impressed I was with Sean's mix! It sounded outstanding!
I gave him a few tips but otherwise it was extremely well mixed.
You are a very talented Mixer Sean!
Yeah, I think it was 2007, in your old location. In fact, during a break I went with you and some of your crew to look at a possible site for your new room. A very fun day. And thanks for the compliment, which is very meaningful coming from you. Wish more opportunities like that would come along, but I am out in the boonies, after all.
Custom i9-12900K, 64GB RAM, W10 Pro, PT Ultimate 2024.03, HD Native, OMNI, Digi 192, UAD-2 Octo; Mac Pro 12-core 3.46, 64GB RAM, Mojave, Logic Pro 10.5.1, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Quad, MOTU 2408 Mk II: MBP mid-2012, 16GB RAM, Mojave, MOTU 8-Pre-ES, Pro Tools 2021.7
Old 08-05-2021, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmccoy View Post
Yeah, I think it was 2007, in your old location. In fact, during a break I went with you and some of your crew to look at a possible site for your new room. A very fun day. And thanks for the compliment, which is very meaningful coming from you. Wish more opportunities like that would come along, but I am out in the boonies, after all.
It was the same location I am in presently.
IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0401937/
Like everything in life, there are no guarantees just opportunities.
Old 08-07-2021, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr sound View Post
It was the same location I am in presently.
Ah, I thought you had moved because you wanted more space. Well I loved the digs you were in when I was there.