Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2013, 02:07 PM

Default Pro tools 10 with Presonus 1818vsl

I need help. I have pro tools 10 and I have recently purchased Presonus audiobox 1818vsl. The Audiobox has the capability to record 8 different people at the same time. But when I go into Pro Tools 10 and start a new project and select tracks it is only giving me the built-in mono one and two tracks and not really giving me any other options. Is there a setting i need to set within pro tools to register to my presonus? Please help!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 10 with Presonus 1818vsl

Since I recently helped someone set up the same interface with Pro tools 10 I know it works. Since I do not have the hardware here, I can not tell you the steps, but I do know it works.

You may need to install a driver ??

Also before starting Pro Tools, make sure the box is connected and turned on and go to the Audio MIDI Setup Window on a Mac (if your on a PC use the same utility or control panel to see if the computer is recognizing the box-Once again this may require a driver from PreSonus to be installed.) and see if it recognizes your interface in this window (Use the Window Menu to get the audio window open). Click on Input and Output. there is a gear widget here where you can assign the in and out to that interface. then when you launch Pro Tools it will see the interface and all ins and outs will be available. Caution though. In the AudioBox, Outputs 7-8 are permanently assigned to the Headphone jack on the front of the box. With no apparent way to change this assignment. If this is incorrect I would love to hear about it, since that is what we figured out when I was helping my friend set up this box.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 10 with Presonus 1818vsl

Sounds like you don't have the presonus selected as the playback engine. Also after selecting the presonus you may need to go to the I/O window and hit the default button to make all the inputs and outputs show up.