Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2013, 08:40 AM

Default Pro Tools 11 Installation/ License Recognition Problems (iLok)

I've recently purchased Pro Tools 11. After following the limited installation instructions that came with the autorization package, I successfully created an iLok account, avid account, and registered the product. I also successfully downloaded Pro Tools 11 from the 'my products' folder of my personal avid account.

When I went to launch Pro Tools 11 it requested that I authorize the license on the iLok. The iLok did not have a license on it. I tried to search back through all of the mess of codes and serial numbers I had mess with along the way to see if I missed a step but I didn't. The iLok ID even matched up with the one that was in avid's notification email to me. So what happened?

After two hours of frustration I try to contact avid via their 1-888 number. Apparently you have to pay for service. So I tried to use my complimentary access code they gave me upon registering the Pro Tools 11 product that awards 30 days of free support service but wouldn't you know it, that code didn't work either. So now here I am, posting on a message board for help. PLEASE HELP AVID. I know Pro Tools is a great product but the customer service end of your business could use some work. I shouldn't have to go to a message board to get your product to work.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 Installation/ License Recognition Problems (iLok)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aebert View Post
I've recently purchased Pro Tools 11. After following the limited installation instructions that came with the autorization package, I successfully created an iLok account, avid account, and registered the product. I also successfully downloaded Pro Tools 11 from the 'my products' folder of my personal avid account.

When I went to launch Pro Tools 11 it requested that I authorize the license on the iLok. The iLok did not have a license on it. I tried to search back through all of the mess of codes and serial numbers I had mess with along the way to see if I missed a step but I didn't. The iLok ID even matched up with the one that was in avid's notification email to me. So what happened?

After two hours of frustration I try to contact avid via their 1-888 number. Apparently you have to pay for service. So I tried to use my complimentary access code they gave me upon registering the Pro Tools 11 product that awards 30 days of free support service but wouldn't you know it, that code didn't work either. So now here I am, posting on a message board for help. PLEASE HELP AVID. I know Pro Tools is a great product but the customer service end of your business could use some work. I shouldn't have to go to a message board to get your product to work.
Did you install the iLok License Manager software from their website? That is what you should use to transfer the license to your iLok, AFAIK.

Chris

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 10-02-2013, 12:00 PM

Yes I have the License Manager software downloaded on my computer. There is no license present. Do I have to download a license from some where? This is where the instructions became very vague.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:14 PM

Is needs to be an ilok2, just in case you're trying to do this on the original ilok, it won't work.
I just ran into that problem today....
Old 10-02-2013, 07:38 PM

Post Re: Pro Tools 11 Installation/ License Recognition Problems (iLok)

From a quick look at your registration I see that you entered your iLok 2's Part # instead of your iLok User ID, so that would explain why the license isn't in your account. (More iLok info here.)

I see that you just started a support case so we can get more specific info from you there. Please look for a reply in your email inbox...
Old 01-08-2014, 02:59 PM

I also am having the same issues. I bought and did everything, but when I go into the Ilok License Manager, and click on my profile, nothing is in the Available Tab. Ultimate Pro Tools Noob. Right here. Can somebody Help me?!