Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2006, 10:17 AM

Default ADAT Clock Sync error on Macbook pro+002 URGENT!!

HI I have just loaded up 7.1.1 on Macbook Pro with a DIGI002 and all appeared OK then I took it out on the road to record a gig but when I got to the gig and fired up my Presonus DigimaxLT for the Extra ADAT inputs all the adat tracks were clicking digitally showing out of sync... Strange but I thought I had set the clock to EXT ADAT??? SO I reset the session data to EXT ADAT sync and it still GLITCHED away merrily! Then after 10 seconds it said no EXT clock so reset to internal..

.. OH DEAR I though my Presonus might have taken a knock.... SO got it back to the studio today to check it out on my older G5 with 7.1 and all is OK!SO is there an issue with this and how can I reslove it.

ROB
Old 10-15-2006, 02:58 AM

Default Re: EXT Clock Sync error on Macbook pro

HI Any help would be appreciated as I have another location recording to do later this week

Just to Clarify Trying to get Presonus Digiamx LT to CLock the 002 via ADAT so I can use 8 digital inputs but it says error with Clock reverting to internal so all I get is AUDIO with digital clicks coming thru ADAT inputs on Pro Tools

ROB
Old 10-15-2006, 02:58 AM

HI Any help would be appreciated as I have another location recording to do later this week

Just to Clarify Trying to get Presonus Digiamx LT to CLock the 002 via ADAT so I can use 8 digital inputs but it says error with Clock reverting to internal so all I get is AUDIO with digital clicks coming thru ADAT inputs on Pro Tools

ROB
Old 10-16-2006, 07:58 AM

bump
Old 10-18-2006, 01:10 AM

Please this is a disaster for me....... I need to record something live soon over 16 tracks so need to clock to ext (ADAT)

DIGI??

ROB
Old 10-18-2006, 09:08 AM
Avid

Please start with the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting sticky at the top of this forum, specifically those areas on trashing preference and database files.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Please start with the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting sticky at the top of this forum, specifically those areas on trashing preference and database files.
HI I have trashed all and restarted....... Still not working

Uninstall and reinstall............... Still not working

What else can I do.....Is anybody else abe to check this out on their Intel Mac....... At least to confirm mine is a rouge event....

try putting 16 tracks into record and clock to ADAT from a lightpipe source..... I am using a Digimax LT which works fine on my G5 system on 7.1

ROB
Old 10-20-2006, 12:49 AM

Have you tried sending an ADAT cable out to the Presonus and setting it to slave ?

I can't reproduce the clocking fault on an Intel iMac. I have managed to sync an ADA8000 both ways, as Master, and as Slave. Can record from analogue and ADAT sources simultaneously ( all 16 Channels)

PTLE 7.1.1
iMac Intel Core Duo 2.16 /2 Gb ram/ Internal HD

G5 Dual 1.8 /1.5 Gb Ram
OSX 10.4.7
PT LE 7.3 cs1
DIGI 002
Waves Ren
Sony Bundle
Soundtoys-arama
NI Komplete 3
Old 10-20-2006, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Have you tried sending an ADAT cable out to the Presonus and setting it to slave ?

I can't reproduce the clocking fault on an Intel iMac. I have managed to sync an ADA8000 both ways, as Master, and as Slave. Can record from analogue and ADAT sources simultaneously ( all 16 Channels)

Hi Good suggestion thanks BUT..... presonus only has ADAT out or Wordclock in (which I cannot link to DIGI 002 as that has no wordclock out!) Presonus HAS to be the master clock. Maybe it's a Presonus Digimax problem, bowever it is weird that it is ok with G5 002 combination?

ROB
Old 10-20-2006, 12:01 PM

After checking all the cables, suddenly I lost communication with ProTools (as I changed the sample rate on Presonus) on re enabling it worked ok! WEIRD!!

Unfortunately I could not replicate it as when I did a fresh start on all units it reverted to clicking.............

I tried to change sample rate to 48 from 44.1 and thought maybe i should just try a session at 48k instead and suddenly it was all OK!!

I will do the session at 48k for the moment and send an error report to Digidesign that 44.1k on ADAT clocking is not working on The INTEL Macbook Pro

Cheers

ROB Aubrey