Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 01-30-2023, 08:22 AM

Default Re: No AVB devices detected - S3

I am happy to report, that the S3 AVB Interface is working for me in Ventura again. I found out, that after upgrading, the AVB/EAV Mode was disabled in the system preferences/network settings/ethernet/details/hardware...
After enabling AVB and a restart, the S3 is working as AVB Audio Interface again... You only have to activate the S3 in the Network Devices in the Audio Midi Setup again...

Please look in your network settings, if AVB is enabked for your ethernet device...
Old 01-31-2023, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackerLe View Post
I am happy to report, that the S3 AVB Interface is working for me in Ventura again. I found out, that after upgrading, the AVB/EAV Mode was disabled in the system preferences/network settings/ethernet/details/hardware...
After enabling AVB and a restart, the S3 is working as AVB Audio Interface again... You only have to activate the S3 in the Network Devices in the Audio Midi Setup again...

Please look in your network settings, if AVB is enabked for your ethernet device...
Followed what you said, but cannot find AVB settings for my device.
Old 01-31-2023, 11:58 AM

Okay, I found out what you were talking about, but my S3 is connected to an external adapter. It's thunderbolt 3..... I believe, but it only shows a self assigned IP address. Nothing about AVB. I'll have to look into this further. Right now, the S3 is only a controller.
Old 01-31-2023, 12:04 PM

OMG!!!!!! I just found out that the adapter is not Thunderbolt!!! Glad I didn't throw away the box! Will be returning it ASAP, and getting the Thunderbolt version. I want to thank you all for your help in making me realize the mistake.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:39 AM

Okay, after getting the Ethernet to Thunderbolt2 adapter, then the Thunderbolt 2 to 3 adapter, it's all working wonderfully! Just in time for me to start and finish a new job! I really want to thank all of the DUC community for your help. I hope my adventure can also help someone else.