Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 07-24-2015, 08:36 AM

Default Fast Track c400 driver not working at all on windows 8

Hello everyone. I'm new here and this is my first post.

I have a fast track c400, it had been working nicely on my laptop with the 1.1.6 driver installed.

I put it away for a few months because I wasn't working on music at the time, but last night I plugged it back in and my DAW (ableton live) didn't recognize it, it displayed an error. Neither the Fast Track control panel software was picking it up. So i manually uninstalled the driver, went on avids website and downloaded the last version of the driver, 1.1.7, but this one i can't install. It says after a few seconds of running the setup: "M-Audio Fast Track c400 driver 1.1.7 (X64) setup wizard ended prematurely because of an error".

I ran it as administrator, I tried desabling my antivirus, but still got the same answer.

I went back to the 1.1.6 driver that at least i could install, making the installation as clean as i could, and tried plugging my fast track again. Still my computer doesn't recognize it. As soon as i plug in the fast track it shows up as a keyboard, i tried using a different usb port and then windows takes its time to recognize the device, but anyway after a few moments, still picks it as a keyboard.

So i went into the device manager, and what it shows is the Fast track c400 as a keyboard under usb controllers (because driver is not picking it up). Then the Fast Track Driver is not under the audio, video controller category, it is under it's own category and shows a warning sign, as if it was not properly installed.

The audio-video-controllers that appear are only
AMD High Definition Audio Device and
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC.

So even if the fast track driver 1.1.6 appears to instal successfully, it is not, or I am doing something wrong, I am not sure if windows is preventing the driver to modify the audio settings... but it's really frustrating because nothing seems to work.

Do you have any idea on why isn't the last driver installing, or do you have any advice on what to do in this situation? I'd really appreciate it, because i am getting reall frustrated. THANKS!
Memory: 8Gb
Old 07-28-2015, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Fast Track c400 driver not working at all on windows 8

I'm wondering if something is seriously wrong with the latest batch of drivers. If you have a look here (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=366749), you'll see that you are not the only one with issues.

Eventually I had to rollback to pre-Windows 8 drivers (1.0.6?) to prevent regular bluescreens. Now unfortunately, that's not really an option for you, unless you still have a windows 7 license?