Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2023, 08:06 AM

Default My Dock/Eucon button settings disappeared - Any Avid experts who can help me?

Hey everyone. The other day I noticed that all my factory Dock button settings that I use with Cubase have suddenly disappeared. The transport buttons still work, but the scrub wheel and nearly everything else no longer works. On the Eucontrol software (I recently updated to the newest version) all the buttons show that nothing is associated with any of the Dock's buttons, but like I mentioned, the transport still does work.

It would be a major pain to have to manually out everything back in. Is there some way to get the original settings back? Thanks! :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eucontrol empty small.jpg (29.6 KB, 0 views)

Sean Christopher Dockery
www.SeanDockery.com

Sean Christopher - New Age composer
www.SeanChristopher.net

Last edited by quantum7; 01-31-2023 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-31-2023, 08:24 AM

Default Re: My Dock/Eucon with Cubase factory settings disappeared - Help needed

Wow, not one person in the Avid community can help me? I have a love/hate relationship with my Avid Dock and two S1's. When they work correctly, I'm in controller heaven, but when they have issues....it seems like once every month or two....especially when Avid releases updates, it is very stressful and significantly slows down my studio work. A good product community that can provide assistance or direction could make up for some of my Avid woes.

Anyone????? Thanks!

Sean Christopher Dockery
www.SeanDockery.com

www.SeanChristopher.net
Old 01-31-2023, 10:58 AM

Default Re: My Dock/Eucon with Cubase factory settings disappeared - Help needed

hey....i am also a Cubase user. Pro 12 latest version. I am on a mac and also on latest version with Eucon.

So, after the update i did not have the problem you are dealing with. Did you try loading from your previous saved settings. On Eucon, "Import" under Softkeys tab. Some people have this issue when they update, never happened to me but i think importing from a recent saved/back up file solve this almost always.

I have another on going issue. Maybe you can let me/us know if this happens to you also?

When i am working, some of my Softkeys stop working sometimes. Not all, random ones. A eucon restart fixes it (sometimes i need to restart multiple times till it starts working again.)

Unfortunately i can not tell when this happens, what causes this. Totally random...it can happen 5 minutes after i start a session or for hours i can work without issues.

As i said, this has been a long long long on going issue on my system (1 dock, 2 s1s, and an ipad plus 2 trekstor tablets.)

Transport buttons (start, stop, record) faders, pan knobs etc keep on working. Its only the custom programmed buttons/softkeys.
Old 01-31-2023, 11:20 AM

Yeah, strange issues! I tried importing 4 different save backup files and NONE of them bring back my settings, VERY STRANGE!

Sean Christopher Dockery
www.SeanDockery.com

www.SeanChristopher.net
Old 01-31-2023, 11:25 AM

Oh yeah, I would go back to a previous version of Eucontrol, BUT every time I do not have the latest version installed, my Avid DOCK and S1's do not work correctly.....the Eucon software says something like, "not compatible". The problem goes away after I update. Coincidentally, that is always how i learn of an update. WTF????? Again, when my Dock and S1 work, I absolutely cherish them, but I seem to always have problems. AVID, HEEEEEELP!!!! :)

Sean Christopher Dockery
www.SeanDockery.com

www.SeanChristopher.net
Old 01-31-2023, 11:51 AM

Hey, i understand your frustration. I was there also but for me it got to a point now where i have minor problems and have much much more fun, efficient, fast workflow with these contollers.

I literally programmed almost any given button to a custom command. Both the primary and secondary functions.

Our setups are almost identical (saw your video on youtube) have also 2xs1s and a Dock.

For your problem in the last post, can it be that your tablets are set to auto update the eucon app? If thats the case, this might be causing the version mismatch.
Old 01-31-2023, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anason-records View Post

For your problem in the last post, can it be that your tablets are set to auto update the eucon app? If thats the case, this might be causing the version mismatch.
Thanks! I forgot about that on my iPads for the auto-updates. Hopefully that should solve the miss-match problem now. :)

If someone could just give me a screenshot of what Cubase commands are used on the various DOCK buttons, I'd be happy to just do it manually. I just want to make sure that I do the same ones that I originally had.

Sean Christopher Dockery
www.SeanDockery.com

www.SeanChristopher.net
Old 01-31-2023, 06:36 PM

Well, what do you know, the Dock controls are working again. Once I entered 1 button assignment, everything else started working as usual. Wow, my Avid controllers continue to bewilder me. At least it is working again, though.

Does Avid actually ever help their customers here, or do we all just have to hope that another user comes to the rescue?

Sean Christopher Dockery
www.SeanDockery.com

www.SeanChristopher.net
Old 01-31-2023, 09:02 PM

Eddie from Avid usually responds to all pretty quick
but right before and after a FW release/update things get out of control for them…so thats why probably he or someone from his team could not chime in yet.
Old 02-01-2023, 08:49 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum7 View Post
Well, what do you know, the Dock controls are working again. Once I entered 1 button assignment, everything else started working as usual. Wow, my Avid controllers continue to bewilder me. At least it is working again, though.

Does Avid actually ever help their customers here, or do we all just have to hope that another user comes to the rescue?
Yes, dispite this being a customer forum not Avid help(there are other ways for that) I am on here daily helping, but it's not my main job.

There are many things that can make it appear to not work correctly. From networking issues, focus issues, OS updates and DAW updates. Unfortuanly the beauty of EUCON is that we are always updating it and adding features (Unlike Mackie/HIU) but that brings its own set of problems. Even with our testers and 180 beta testers its hard to catch/test every combination, BUT I will say we always work on fixing any issues as soon as possible.