How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 04-25-2021, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Borderless Pro Tools for Windows MAIN THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdraudio View Post
Thanks. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. The classic version will capture fine, but when activating any of the functions, nothing changes. The new color version always reports wrong window. This is Windows 8.1 and Pro Tools 2021.3

Mark
Hey Mark. As far as I can see, Pro Tools 2021 doesn't support Windows 8.1. At least my Windows 8.1 test system can not run it. If I could run it i would test it. But it is not even starting up. And I really wonder how you could manage to run it.
Old 04-25-2021, 05:35 AM

Hmmmm...Well, this is running on a RADAR Studio, essentially a PC with a iZ Installed Widows 8.1 I know they tweak the OS a bit, but essentially are just getting rid of unnecessary stuff. Oddly, I have heard that 8.1 wont run PT 2021 from other people as well.....but it is.
Old 04-25-2021, 01:13 PM

Okay, I think you have a custom built Windows 8.1. Pro Tools uses some new features that came with Windows 10 which 8.1 does not have officially. Because I can not test it, I can not fix it. If I had more information maybe I could address the issue.

Can you give me more details from winver?

Press the keyboard shortcut [Windows] key + [R]. This opens the “Run” dialog box. Enter winver and click [OK]

There you can see your os version and the build number, can you report them? Maybe you have the server version of the windows.

Last edited by nacerme; 04-26-2021 at 12:38 AM.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:18 AM

Hi again,
Windows 8.1 Pro, Version 6.3, (Build 9600)

-Mark
Old 04-29-2021, 03:17 AM

Great work! I look forward to following the development progress of your program. It looks very promising.

Cheers!

S
Old 04-30-2021, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suad Cokljat View Post
Great work! I look forward to following the development progress of your program. It looks very promising.

Cheers!

S
Thank you, I am trying to work on it when I have some free time. I have some useful features in my mind for the project. I hope it will appear in the upcoming versions. But first there should be no bugs left of course.

Last edited by nacerme; 05-01-2021 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:00 AM

Hello, I cannot get it to work; it says successful capture every time, but then nothing happens when I click to remove borders...

Pro Tools 2021.3.1
Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
OS build 19042.964
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0
Old 05-01-2021, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor4814 View Post
Hello, I cannot get it to work; it says successful capture every time, but then nothing happens when I click to remove borders...

Pro Tools 2021.3.1
Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
OS build 19042.964
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0
Hello, sorry to hear that. It is obvious that the program has a bug that I have not yet been able to reproduce. The program successfully ran with my debug setup that has the configurations you wrote down. My request from you is to use the "Debug Version" (you can find it in the Download Sources section) and tell me what it says about the main window and the child windows when you want to capture them.

Last edited by nacerme; 05-01-2021 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-02-2021, 05:50 AM

Thanks, I tried the debug version, but no change - the capture seems to work, but the "Make Borderless" and "Hide Title Bar" etc. commands make no change...

Additionally, I had also previously used the Matte dark theme (not at the same time) from thread: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=413059

...but now, even that theme doesn't work, the title and menu bars remain unchanged...

I did not create a restore point unfortunately;

Is there a Registry Key I could edit to revert to before Borderless Pro Tools?
Old 05-02-2021, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor4814 View Post
Thanks, I tried the debug version, but no change - the capture seems to work, but the "Make Borderless" and "Hide Title Bar" etc. commands make no change...

Additionally, I had also previously used the Matte dark theme (not at the same time) from thread: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=413059

...but now, even that theme doesn't work, the title and menu bars remain unchanged...

I did not create a restore point unfortunately;

Is there a Registry Key I could edit to revert to before Borderless Pro Tools?
Applying custom themes to the Windows is very dangerous. It is directly changing system files. You may not be able to login to your desktop with an update to Windows.

My program does not change any external files or registry. It is using code snippets from user32.dll (integrated system winapi library). It is now appearent that, if user applied custom themes or any modifications that changes systemwide look and operation, it can not work.

I will going to test the program with the custom theme applied. I will update you for what can we do about the situation.

Last edited by nacerme; 05-02-2021 at 07:19 AM.