Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Need some (simple) help from old friends!

Respectfuly I've been absent from the board for lack of time in all my other projcts. We also had our seceond child, a little girl named Xoie. Enough about me. you can get more at www.cyberdreamstudios.com

My need is this please help if you can or lead me in the right direction.

My (old) system an athlon still runnning the 001 and upgraded software still funcions will and contribute to many paid project. If it works don't mess with it. Any I got a new notbook that just blows door of any manchine around. I got an M-box and used my current version of Reason 2.5 and they just work great together unbelievable well no gliches etc.

My question is how is the best way or neatest way our of the box way ousing thse tgether to me more money and of course music. I also have a nece pentium IV that could be use some how. It's only 512 of ram and it needs a genius factor of incorporating these machines to gether for studio or live.

I's not a biggie but I've been brinstroming on how to use these boxes to the best advantage.

P.S. I have lots of other computer to do office work and stuff so I'm just fielding Ideals to hlp.

Thanks in advance and to everone whos miss end those that don't. I Send my greetigns

Live long and prosper, may the forsce be wth you and for those that live on this planet,

In Light and Love, Darren. wwww.kabbala.com
Old 07-23-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Need some (simple) help from old friends!

huh?
Old 07-23-2005, 05:10 PM

First I would get a new computer keyboard. I think that yours may be on its way out.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:41 AM

Thats 2 ways of telling your post is well...errr....hard to read. For me it isnt even clear what exactly your question is.....

Bastiaan
Old 07-24-2005, 06:01 AM

First off, congrats on the newly arrived!

Well, to your question, I'm not aware of any way to use the machines together for more CPU power, but that's perhaps not what you want to do?

A kabbalist eh? I used to study that a couple of years ago.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:34 PM

Quote:
My question is how is the best way or neatest way our of the box way ousing thse tgether to me more money and of course music. I also have a nece pentium IV that could be use some how. It's only 512 of ram and it needs a genius factor of incorporating these machines to gether for studio or live.
Darren,
Congrats on the new girl. That is exciting.
We are looking for another new father that can understand what you are saying. Where did DaBasstard go now?

Allen
Old 07-26-2005, 04:37 PM

Have the others run your soft synths, samplers, drums software or the like ... I thought I just saw a post on this somewhere, maybe it wasn't here ... but I did just read an article on how you can use your cast off DAW to alleviate the CPU and RAM usage of the soft synth/sampler program. I believe they connected it to a 002 by using the light pipe connection and SPDIF to get the full ten digital ins ... Or something like that ...
Old 07-27-2005, 11:39 PM

Uh... You used to speak Engrish dude, what happened?

Drunk?