Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2013, 07:43 PM

Default Re: What AAX reverb plugins are you using?

Hey friends

We are looking for a badass Reverb plugin. We have a Bricasti M7 and 2 PCM96 but now we need the same "modern" vibe for our PT HD rig.

We have
Lexicon 224 from UA
ReVibe
Dreamverb UA
Soundtoys Native Bundle
And maybe a few other ones but nothing special and now we really need a few great ones.

I know this thread is old but instead of starting a new thread I thought i'd use this one

We have just downloaded demos of:

TSAR-1 and 1R
Lexicon MPX Native
EMT 140 UA
And we tested McDsp revolver but don't like it.

We are not economically restrained so whatever is great we will get.

What would you guys recommend for pop/dance/top 40 as we do work with such artists. Tha sad thing is our Bricasti can't be in two rooms at once

Thanks as always
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-06-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocker4301 View Post
What's your favorite for rock and pop vocals?

Softube TSAR-1 is my favorite and it is very CPU friendly! I've got tons of reverb plugins. NI RC24,RC48, Waves IR-1. Non AAX Lexicon’s LXP Bundle, Pristine Space etc.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
Softube TSAR-1 is my favorite and it is very CPU friendly! I've got tons of reverb plugins. NI RC24,RC48, Waves IR-1. Non AAX Lexicon’s LXP Bundle, Pristine Space etc.
Hi

Thanks for helping me out here

Yeah we got the NI KOMPLETE ULTIMATE 9 bundle with the RC24 RC48 aswell as Waves IR-1 but honestly we have not even tried the NI verbs yet even though we had it for 3 months

The TSAR -1 sounds awesome and I am really thinking this is the one for us! Very nice on CPU and the emulations are great.

It looks like this will definately be one of the reverbs we are buying.

Thanks again for the input,

Best Regards
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-06-2013, 08:46 PM

Altiverb hands down one of the best!!!

http://www.audioease.com/index.php

1- HDX
1 - Apogee Symphony Mk2 8x8
1 - HD 16x16 Interface
MOTU MTP/AV
------------------------------
Second System
Mac Pro 2013 3.5GHz 6-core Xeon E5-1650v2
32GB RAM
1 - HDX
1 - Avid Thunderbolt 3 Expansion Chassis
1 - HD 8X8 Interface

MARVINBASS Digital Audio, LLC
Ex PT Beta Tester
Woodland Hills, CA.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:51 PM

My faves are the 2CAudio Aether, Breeze and B2. I've also got the Lexicons, Altiverb, Phoenix R2 and Phoenixverb, and others. 2C sounds the best to me.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:58 PM

Thanks guys

Gonna try altiverb and I was just listening to 2C Audio reverbs as I saw this post, they really sound great as people we work with have 'em but I suspect they are too good for pop/Top40 Dance music Like our Bricasti M7 .. Sounds too good and takes a lot of "space" in our mixes but I am listening right now

The Altiverb for example, does it sound as good in the "studio settings" as it does in Sydney Opera house as we make top 40 radio pop dance music and need short sweet brilliance reverbs that just puts that X Factor on the vocals and the guitars, not too big long beautiful reverbs so whats your thoghts on that?

Best
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-06-2013, 09:31 PM

Have you downloaded the demo of Lexicon PCM Native yet? They just announced AAX compatibility coming in January or February.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:42 PM

I love the Exponential Audio reverbs, but, like your Bricasti, they might be too good. Try UVI's Sparkverb. Super economical, and very cool vibe. I love this verb for certain things, and its preset browser is uber cool -- definitely "modern."

Chris Conlee
Old 12-06-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Thanks guys

Gonna try altiverb and I was just listening to 2C Audio reverbs as I saw this post, they really sound great as people we work with have 'em but I suspect they are too good for pop/Top40 Dance music Like our Bricasti M7 .. Sounds too good and takes a lot of "space" in our mixes but I am listening right now

The Altiverb for example, does it sound as good in the "studio settings" as it does in Sydney Opera house as we make top 40 radio pop dance music and need short sweet brilliance reverbs that just puts that X Factor on the vocals and the guitars, not too big long beautiful reverbs so whats your thoghts on that?

Best
Chris
Thats one of the things I like most of all about the Softube TSAR-1 is how you can set it so it sits nicely in the mix. Do yourself a favor an read the PDF manual it will really help you get the most out of the plugin. You can do all kinds of reverbs types if you understand the works and design and what each function does.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conleec View Post
I love the Exponential Audio reverbs, but, like your Bricasti, they might be too good. Try UVI's Sparkverb. Super economical, and very cool vibe. I love this verb for certain things, and its preset browser is uber cool -- definitely "modern."

Chris Conlee
NST7: i have only tried the Lexicon MPX and it was quite cool but a bit "Plastic" if I compare to our PCM96's but.. UVI sounds promising. You knowk what I meant by "too good" right What is needed in modern pop is somewhat modulated and very punchy and The only one so far we tried is the TSAR-1 which have that modern brightness but still can sound "VERY GOOD" if we need it to be,

Chris: The Sparkverb, do they have a demo and what do you think in regards to Ea Reverbs? I am a bit against buying these convolution reverbs even though I know they sound Awesome, but what we do those are too nice and BIG sounding .. Found the link. It looks like it isn't AAX64 yet and I am sorry but aren't you guys tired of keep buying plugins that hasn't been ported yet!? I feel like I am buying a used car for the same price as a brand new one

Zion: thanks form your input, I am looking at the manual and as we love the sound we bought it and will definately read up on it as we use the TSAR -1 and I got it just now for 130 USD at Audiodeluxe and we got the TSAR-1R aswell in that price and that is AWESOME, usually cost 269 USD so now we need one more reverb. Looking at Altiverb as it is AAX64 bit aswell.

Big Thanks guys! Really appreciate your input. Not that this is like buying the S6 we are waiting for but more that we need a great plugin for the music we are making now and we need it fast

Best
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————