Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Old 11-21-2022, 05:48 AM

Default Pro tools renewal

Hi I have just been told by a UK retailer that there is no grace period to renew my carbon subscription and I need to buy a new one. Can anyone clarify this for me please?
Old 11-22-2022, 09:06 AM

Default Re: Pro tools renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickett View Post
Hi I have just been told by a UK retailer that there is no grace period to renew my carbon subscription and I need to buy a new one. Can anyone clarify this for me please?
Well first to clarify, there is no such thing as a Carbon Subscription ?

There is the Avid Carbon Hardware interface, and there is Pro Tools software which can be purchased or renewed (depending entirely on which software you are actually talking about) if you all ready owned Pro tools and if you kept it current.

So which software are you referring too as a subscription and can you provide a screen shot of your account page with whatever PT software you are referring to Your software options should be listed there ..

For example My Avid account "Ultimate" page shows I have two options I can renew my PT Ultimate license (which I have kept current for years now) for $399 which is what I will do...

OR I could purchase a PT Ultimate SUBSCRIPTION license for $599 which I won't do

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 11-22-2022 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-23-2022, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Well first to clarify, there is no such thing as a Carbon Subscription ?

There is the Avid Carbon Hardware interface, and there is Pro Tools software which can be purchased or renewed (depending entirely on which software you are actually talking about) if you all ready owned Pro tools and if you kept it current.

So which software are you referring too as a subscription and can you provide a screen shot of your account page with whatever PT software you are referring to Your software options should be listed there ..

For example My Avid account "Ultimate" page shows I have two options I can renew my PT Ultimate license (which I have kept current for years now) for $399 which is what I will do...

OR I could purchase a PT Ultimate SUBSCRIPTION license for $599 which I won't do

Unfortunately it’s not that simple for the Carbon license. There is no way of renewing through the regular account the way you do with any other subscription or renewal plans. Avid’s Mark Corbin has acknowledged this. As far as I know and from my own experience with the Carbon, the proposed “perpetual parachute” does not deploy automatically and basically leaves you without a license for several days until you start a support ticket. Mark posted the part number for the Carbon license renewal on here a week or so ago but it doesn’t seem to be to found anywhere on Avid’s site. And yes it is a specific Carbon renewal license.
Old 11-23-2022, 06:52 AM
Avid

Hi There - The "No Grace period" for Carbon means that you can have it renewed anytime unlike with the regular subscription which only got 14 days. But Pro Tools Carbon has a specific renewal code and the usual Annual Subscription renewal code will not work. So if you buy it from a reseller you have to specifically request for a Pro Tools Carbon 1-Year Subscription renewal.
Old 11-23-2022, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiot View Post
Unfortunately it’s not that simple for the Carbon license. There is no way of renewing through the regular account the way you do with any other subscription or renewal plans. Avid’s Mark Corbin has acknowledged this. As far as I know and from my own experience with the Carbon, the proposed “perpetual parachute” does not deploy automatically and basically leaves you without a license for several days until you start a support ticket. Mark posted the part number for the Carbon license renewal on here a week or so ago but it doesn’t seem to be to found anywhere on Avid’s site. And yes it is a specific Carbon renewal license.
OK so now I see what you are actually about talking is specifically the Perpetual Parachute license that came bundled with the Carbon .... I was simply trying to clarify that the Carbon interface itself,, is not tied to or dependent on that Perpetual Parachute license.. It works fine with any PT license and any 3 party DAW via Core Audio

And that is why I asked the OP for clarification of which actual license he was talking about and also stated it depended on if you already owned PT or not.

I agree however that if the Perpetual Parachute is not working as advertised that is an issue

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 11-23-2022 at 07:26 AM.
Old 11-25-2022, 07:14 PM

Hi.
I am talking about the Avid carbon boron renewal which restores pro tools updates and bundled plugins specific to the carbon interface
Old 11-26-2022, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickett View Post
Hi.
I am talking about the Avid carbon boron renewal which restores pro tools updates and bundled plugins specific to the carbon interface
Ah OK so the Pro Tools 1 year subscription option with extra plugins that came bundled with Carbon----- that clears things up,,,, so according to cvicente22 (post #4) and the info in this link You should be able to renew your 1 year subscription https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...faq/Carbon-FAQ

If you scroll down aways you see this and the last sentence indicates that customers can at any point renew that subscription. BUT exactly how you do that or what your reseller was talking about,,, I have no clue sorry.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 11-28-2022, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Ah OK so the Pro Tools 1 year subscription option with extra plugins that came bundled with Carbon----- that clears things up,,,, so according to cvicente22 (post #4) and the info in this link You should be able to renew your 1 year subscription https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...faq/Carbon-FAQ

If you scroll down aways you see this and the last sentence indicates that customers can at any point renew that subscription. BUT exactly how you do that or what your reseller was talking about,,, I have no clue sorry.
Yeah Avid is not making it easy to find the Carbon "renewal" I have been without a license since May(Perpetual parachute deployed after submitting a ticket). I also own an Ultimate license which is up to date.

This is what shows up in your account once the Carbon license lapses.

https://duc.avid.com/attachment.php?...1&d=1669646033

There is no option to renew. If the option was there I probably would have renewed by now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 9.28.03 AM.jpg (17.0 KB, 0 views)