Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 04-20-2003, 08:48 PM

Default Is this Possible?

I recently fixed a B.C Rich practice amp with a 6 1/2" driver in that I had in the closet and busted out an old Zoom 1010 pedalboard I have. Each has to be at least 6 years old. Is it possible that I like the sound from these 2 combined with a good old SM57 over the Johnson J-Station I paid about $250 for when it first came out? I have a Yamaha 2X12 and I prefer the small amp to that too. Maybe I'm just crazy. What's everybody's opinions on Pods, J-Stations, and the like? I typically record through the S/PDif input with the J-Station and no matter how much tweaking I do I'm never 100% satisfied. Just curious what everyone else is doing concerning guitars.
Old 04-20-2003, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Is this Possible?

Trust your ears.

Last summer I was able to rescue a 'prized' amp from my father's attack. A Gorilla GG20. I purchased it in1986. Considered, at the time, a piece of junk, but it was all I had. I was only 15 ; what did I know? It, to my surprise, was in excellent condition. Now after amassing a full studio's worth of gear and a huge live rig, I decided to see what this thing would do now. I ran it through my guitar rack and used no processing other than a Boss SD-1 Overdrive pedal. I then put a 421 in front of this stupid little 5 1/2" speaker and recorded a part to a song on which I was having trouble. The sound blew me away. I use the thing all the time now. I refer to it as ' The Library'...America's best kept secret.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Is this Possible?

...hehe,along with the 30w master reverb Marshalls! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]