Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-26-2006, 01:40 AM

Default PRO tools LE (please be nice)

every message board i have ever gone to for help... has always drawn a lot off mean people to my posts.... i hope this is different.... any way i am in the jazz band at my high school... and i was trying to run this program on mac OS X (10.2.1 ) and when i do it says "DAE cant be racked". does any one know what that means ? and how to correct it ? For some reason the program works on OS 9.... but well.... OS9 sux and my teacher wants it on OS X and since im the only teen in the class that uses mac he entrusted me with the task.... CAN YOU HELP ME
Old 09-26-2006, 01:49 AM

Default Re: PRO tools LE (please be nice)

Hi and welcome to the DUC.

Since I see this is your first post, lemme help you out to get a maximum of results on posting here:

- you are asking a question about PT LE, this is the HD and TDM forum. Try and re-post this question in the LE forum (Mac) and you will likely get more answers.

Now, you need to provide more info so we are able to help you better.
- what mac
- what PT version
- what LE system

From what you are posting, I see it works under OS9, so this means you must be running a version 5.x Well. this version does not run under OS X. You need at least a version 6.x to do this. Updates are cheap and can be bought here in the Digistore.

For 10.2.1 I recommend updating to Tiger (10.4) and get the latest version (7.x) you will not regret it.

So, you won't have any luck with your current application, because it simply isn't OS X compatible.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Arthur
Old 09-28-2006, 01:52 AM

- you are asking a question about PT LE, this is the HD and TDM forum. Try and re-post this question in the LE forum (Mac) and you will likely get more answers.

This is the (Pro Tools LE Systems on Mac OS: 002, Mbox, 001) Systems forum according to my browser.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:03 AM

Sorry about that crack. Although it's true. It's also true that quite a bit of the '90s music was done with Pro Tools 3-5.x under OS9. If Apple didn't come out with OSX, we would still be using the old, but tried and true Pro Tools.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:49 AM

Quote:
every message board i have ever gone to for help... has always drawn a lot off mean people to my posts.... i hope this is different.... any way i am in the jazz band at my high school... and i was trying to run this program on mac OS X (10.2.1 ) and when i do it says "DAE cant be racked". does any one know what that means ? and how to correct it ? For some reason the program works on OS 9.... but well.... OS9 sux and my teacher wants it on OS X and since im the only teen in the class that uses mac he entrusted me with the task.... CAN YOU HELP ME
Upgrading to OSX and therefore Pro Tools LE as well, will cost money. Is this a factor? Perhaps this is why your teacher is reluctant?
More details please...